Ellies Ear...

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ok my fabulous family, I need my ear people. Sunday I noticed Ellies one was kinda pink, and needed wiping, so I cleaned it with the usual Witch Hazel, and have been wiping it once a day, still seems pink...

Kinda nervous, made her a Vet Appt for tomorrow evening

Pic is not the greatist, just wondering if this might be infected, I am terrifed it is...
022c956dd458c211201717813e0088fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I post this over n over... it works!!!

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae hard to get so replace with Thuja which is in the cedar family.

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Ok my fabulous family, I need my ear people. Sunday I noticed Ellies one was kinda pink, and needed wiping, so I cleaned it with the usual Witch Hazel, and have been wiping it once a day, still seems pink...

Kinda nervous, made her a Vet Appt for tomorrow evening

Pic is not the greatist, just wondering if this might be infected, I am terrifed it is...
022c956dd458c211201717813e0088fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It doesn't exactly look angry red,

Does it seem to be painful; will she let you look at it, does she scratch or whine?
Does it smell?

Is there a discharge (drainage)?

These are all symptoms of infection in humans

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
It doesn't exactly look angry red,

Does it seem to be painful; will she let you look at it, does she scratch or whine?
Does it smell?

Is there a discharge (drainage)?

These are all symptoms of infection in humans

She will let me look at it quick, though she has never been a HUGE fan of her ears being cleaned, she always has scratched every now and then, nothing more than usual for this time of year, its her itchy season, no whining, I don't smell any particular odor, from her ear, though she DOES need a bath :ROFL:

No discharge I can see, just the usual brown junky wax

I am hoping, that I am just being over reactive as usual, so fingers crossed.

I am usually very good with checking and keeping her ears cleaned so if any thing comes of this, I am going to feel crappy for bit

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I post this over n over... it works!!!

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae hard to get so replace with Thuja which is in the cedar family.

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Thanks!! I will keep this in mind, I am always so hesitant to use oils, I'm just a weirdo:haha:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks!! I will keep this in mind, I am always so hesitant to use oils, I'm just a weirdo:haha:

No it’s just you’re not use to it like millions out there. Remember one thing, half our meds are made from oils, flowers, plants etc. oils been around thousands n thousands of years. I know this mix works as I use it for Nyala n Duke. Especially on regular basis for Nyala ‘s tail pocket. I would never put my pups in harms way nor anyone’s furball in here. My vet even too the recipe. She’s the one that asked for it as she knows of Nyala ‘s tail issue and is amazed a dog has lasted this long without a tail amputation. I also use it once a month for their ears. Other members in here has used the mix with great success. But down the road, always boils down to the owner what they want to do with their dog n not me.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
It is really hard to tell if anything is wrong. Is she shaking her head or scratching? I've had to deal with ear issues twice, and they were both pretty obvious something was wrong. The first time was when Tucker was a puppy and I realized he was allergic to chicken. Below is what his ear looked like. It was very goopy.
IMG_0417.JPG

The second time I've dealt with an ear issue happened to be today, with a dog I am fostering. He woke up at midnight last night, and poor guy kept shaking his head and scratching his ears. When I looked at them, they were hot and red, and I noticed some gunk in them. I took him to the vet this morning, and I was told he has a yeast infection. They did some kind of greasy ear wash on him and put him on some meds. I didn't take pics, but he is feeling some better now.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION]. The ears looks normal to me aside from a bit of brown guk. Just simple cleaned them like you always do. Compare to [MENTION=14393]Mom of Tucker[/MENTION] photos, Ellie’s ears looks great. If you have a cotton ball, just simply add a couple drops of fractionated coconut oil and swipe inside. Ginger, you need the full mix recipe I posted for that photo.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Her ear looks pretty normal to me. Jax had an ear issue a couple months ago, after eating lamb for about a week, his ears were flaming red and he would even yelp if I touched them. I used Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution and it was back to normal a couple days later. I normally use Zymox ear cleanser every couple of weeks to clean out their ears.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] Oh poor Ellie...and YOU! Worrisome for sure Melissa!! I don't have a ton to add BUT I did order TrueBlue Lemon and Marigold Ear Wipes from Amazon, on the recommendation of a naturalist friend of mine. I felt that Joey's ear were bothering her a bit over the deep winter cold and then warm inside. No infection, so I began using these every other day and now once per week. They cooled her ears, no more red.

Let me know and I will be happy to send you a link.

Here is full ingredients: Ingredients - Water, Witch Hazel, Isopropyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Boric Acid, Grape Seed Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Chamomile, Green Tea, Marigold, Organic Aloe Vera, Apple Fruit Extract, Sugar Cane, Lemon Fruit Extract, Natural Preservatives Natural Preservatives - Isopropyl Alcohol

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All!!

Thank you so much for all this good information!! This mama is feeling a better, will update after her appointment @ 5:15

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
UPDATE!!

Vet doesn't feel its infected ( said it was actually quite clean, and didn't show very clear signs, but said had a tiny bit of discharge) (took a culture for testing).

He feels right now its some type of allergy, as a couple of her paws are were bit dark pinkish and red, when he checked them

So he advised to keep her ear clean, give Benedryl and Omega 3 liquid, and give an update in a week.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE!!

Vet doesn't feel its infected ( said it was actually quite clean, and didn't show very clear signs, but said had a tiny bit of discharge) (took a culture for testing).

He feels right now its some type of allergy, as a couple of her paws are were bit dark pinkish and red, when he checked them

So he advised to keep her ear clean, give Benedryl and Omega 3 liquid, and give an update in a week.

Sorry I'm late.... but so glad it is not infected. I'm having issues with Lambeau already too -- damn environmental allergies!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.