Separation Anxiety

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Mine...not Ollieā€™s. In four days we leave for a six week vacation out of the country. Weā€™ll spend two weeks crossing the Atlantic on a cruise ship, disembarking in Dublin. After a week in Dublin, weā€™ll take the high speed ferry to Wales where relatives will pick us up. After a week in Liverpool, weā€™ll take the train down to Henley in south east England. Weā€™ll enjoy our kids and grandkids for a while and then fly home via Reykjavik.
I hate the thought of leaving Ollie. Fortunately my daughter and son-in-law live with us so it really is an almost ideal situation. The only rub is that they work. Our dogs are used to having us home all the time. The most they are ever alone is a couple of hours. Ollie is very people dependent. Daphne was much more independent than Ollie. I will really miss Ollie. I am very Ollie dependent. We do have a webcam as part of the security system. Maybe Iā€™ll be able see him if he hangs out in the family room. I wish he could talk. I could call him:::sigh:::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You will be seriously sick of bullie insufficiency! We just discussed with my husband that bullie sickness took over us - even when we go out for several hours after 1 hour away from home we start to ask each other ā€œwhat do you think Tank is doing now?ā€ And discuss what a pity is you canā€™t take your dog everywhere with you!
But anyway, Bon voyage :D

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Enjoy your trip. Ollie will be fine and will greet you at the door when you get back home. Safe travels,

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww... enjoy your trip!!! Sounds amazing, and I'm sure that Ollie will be spoiled while you are gone.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Sounds like a trip of a lifetime!!!

A few years ago we took a cross country trip by car, and took Izzy with us.

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO TRAVEL WITH PETS

Even when they weigh 4lbs

Some places are not dog friendly at all!!!!!

Which is a shame, my dogs are better behaved than many kids I've encountered in public!!!!

THAT AND IF YOU'RE NOT A DOG PERSON, I'M PROBABLY NOT GONNA LIKE YOU ANYWAY

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy im with you on this one....... we too were planning an Ireland trip (of a lifetime) and are now struggling that we are leaving our boy for 5 days!! (in a week and a half) so i truly feel you!! Im so excited for you but ohhhhhhh how these hearts pull on our hearts. I think you'll be fine once you get going and will miss him most when you see another dog..... of any kind.... and wish to be with yours and then on your homeward bound will be the hardest ............ At least this is how i imagine it. I dont think we're ever going to make it to Ireland now which has been our desire since we were 17 yr olds and now 67 yr olds :( I hope you will send us some pics and stuff of your trip as it's happening.. I would LOVE to see and will even send my e mail if ya want :) Enjoy!!!! love every minute of it. Your boy will be fine, and you will carry on when you get back.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ohhhhh go enjoy your beautiful well planned trip. Donā€™t worry Ollie will be in his own environment. Just that is a BIG plus! Have fun and enjoy the grandkids!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh wow what an amazing trip!!! PLEASE post photos, updates! Yes, peak in Ollie to get your fix, I went through the same on a trip to Chicago last year, I know how you feel, just enjoy yourself!!! Ollie will think it was the blink of an eye and will be well cared for.....ENJOY YOUR TRIP and share your adventures please :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... iā€™d be having separation anxiety as well. But have a safe and fantastic trip

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Wow... iā€™d be having separation anxiety as well. But have a safe and fantastic trip

Packing Helper

5d4a858016fd7fc249ddc2c4967a972c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I know exactly how you feel! Two years ago, my daughter was graduating from a college that was an 8 hour car ride from my home. I worried for weeks over who would care for my bullies, since all of my family would be traveling for the graduation. I really wanted to take them with me, but my father was not at all agreeable to an 8 hour car riding with farting and drooling bullies! I even "shopped around" for the best "stay and play" resorts, but nothing felt right. Finally, one of the nurses who worked for me volunteered to stay at my house with Tucker and Sophie while I was gone for the long weekend. Just knowing they were in their own home relieved so much of my anxiety!

You are lucky to have family there while you are off enjoying new adventures! I think the camera idea is a great one as well!

Staff online

Members online