Switching Food - Fromm to The Honest Kitchen

SMammers816

Nov 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner, Cooper
Hey all - Happy Monday and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm considering switching my Gunner's food from Fromm to The Honest Kitchen. Anyone have any insight, reviews or comments (good or bad)?
Guns has been on Fromm since a puppy and we have played around with protein... He came to us from the breeder with one of the foods that contained grain and I switched him to a grain free line. First it was Pork and Pea and he just didn't like it. Then we moved to Lamb and Lentil and he ate it up, but I noticed that his nose rope would get such a residue with it... to the point I was deep cleaning it every night... not just a wipe down... like shampoo cleaning. So now he is on Salmon and the nose rope cleared up... no more residue, but now I notice his eyes are always goopy.

I have been reading a lot about raw feeding and was going to try The Honest Kitchen and see how that works.

Love to hear from everyone on their experiences.

Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=13273]SMammers816[/MENTION] -- I did THK for a few weeks... boys LOVED it! I used preference bas and added my own protein, usually ground turkey or lean ground beef

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie got THK for his evening meal for a few months and loved it. He did well on it. The only reason I stopped was because I switched him to raw. Dehydrated raw is a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I tried THK as well for Dozer, he liked it, I didn't really give it a real try, but am thinking about trying it again, even if it's half of his diet. Currently I'm feeding him Vegan Kibble for two weeks and then a grain free limited ingredient Venison Kibble. Dozer has allergies to 7 proteins so I'm trying to alternate his proteins so he doesn't get allergic to the venison. I have heard good things about THK and I know our member Marine91 uses THK and like it, maybe he can share his experiences with you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey all - Happy Monday and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm considering switching my Gunner's food from Fromm to The Honest Kitchen. Anyone have any insight, reviews or comments (good or bad)?
Guns has been on Fromm since a puppy and we have played around with protein... He came to us from the breeder with one of the foods that contained grain and I switched him to a grain free line. First it was Pork and Pea and he just didn't like it. Then we moved to Lamb and Lentil and he ate it up, but I noticed that his nose rope would get such a residue with it... to the point I was deep cleaning it every night... not just a wipe down... like shampoo cleaning. So now he is on Salmon and the nose rope cleared up... no more residue, but now I notice his eyes are always goopy.

I have been reading a lot about raw feeding and was going to try The Honest Kitchen and see how that works.

Love to hear from everyone on their experiences.

Thanks!

I did it too with Nyala the turkey one. No issues whatsoever. Great stuff! Make sure you give like marrow bones as they needs to chew. This THK is soft food. Also there’s others like ohhh I’ll get this wrong...grandmas kitchen or Lucy’s kitcken [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] helpppppp lolll

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I did it too with Nyala the turkey one. No issues whatsoever. Great stuff! Make sure you give like marrow bones as they needs to chew. This THK is soft food. Also there’s others like ohhh I’ll get this wrong...grandmas kitchen or Lucy’s kitcken [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] helpppppp lolll

Grandma Lucy’s!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have been using it in the summers to help with Harlea's allergies. Started a few years ago and haven't looked back. So pretty much she is on THK for 6 months and then Fromms for 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Another option is freeze dried raw but that is the most expensive.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.