Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It just isn't fair...says Sarge.

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default It just isn't fair...says Sarge.

Why is it...when I take Ahsoka out and about she's a magnet everyone wants to PET her! And...honestly some Australian Shepherds are shy and reserve from strangers. Not her but a lot are. And she is totally attached.

Took Sarge today to get the boys from school. And...Sarge stood in the front seat feet, front feet on the door head out the window in hopes someone would walk up to pet him. Oh they seen him...they would smile...some giggled. One said he looked like he should be on Star Wars [Not sure that was a compliment] But they would carry on without petting him. He would then...embarrass me and himself by making NO noise any bulldog should be caught dead making...loud...vocal crying. It was PATHETIC! And...gave me a headache.

Finally I told one woman that he wasn't "mean" but crying due to everyone ignoring him and not petting him. She came up slowly still not quite believing me. And kept pulling her hand away before she actually pet him. Um-mm yeah lady I want my dog to bite you...why would I let you pet him if he was mean...GEESH! She finally pet him and he was so excited he snorted all over her. And covered her with snot...Bawahahahahahaha

But he was really upset by folk coming up and then not petting him. I really don't take him to school often. He loves children...and I was planning on taking Ahsoka but she chose to race down the stream prior to leaving. So that didn't happen.

But...take him/Sarge to a pet store...and we're followed. Take him to school...parents become over protective and leery. I understand being leery of a strange dog. But...when the owner says..."he's friendly" why be not pet him? Though the one thought he was mean and going to rip the children apart with his crying... SERIOUSLY!?! lady...
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It just isn't fair...says Sarge.

When the neighborhood kids were out last summer, after I first got Bertie....they all used to ask it that a little pit bull? How can you mistake an english bulldog and a pit bull?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awww poor Sarge!! I would pet you and love you and want to steal you Samson does the same thing though, he cries like a little girl LOL Oh and the infamous snot spray, so embarrassing when they do that to random people!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@reallyrob At the lake where we live...they are celebrities...Dogs are NOT allowed at the beach. But...the entire association at a board meeting. Voted that our bulldogs be allowed down there...since they send people to our house just to "see the dogs". So typically he is used to being spoiled and loved on. To be sort of acknowledged then...ignored. KILLED HIM! I then remembered why I don't take him to the school...it's to hard emotionally on the poor guy.

I have gotten the "pit bull" occasionally what gets me is a pit is actually a TERRIER!

@TessaAndSamson

Sarge sends you sloppy wet kisses just from the water dish...full of thanks.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

The rest of my zoo:

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

@reallyrob At the lake where we live...they are celebrities...Dogs are NOT allowed at the beach. But...the entire association at a board meeting. Voted that our bulldogs be allowed down there...since they send people to our house just to "see the dogs". So typically he is used to being spoiled and loved on. To be sort of acknowledged then...ignored. KILLED HIM! I then remembered why I don't take him to the school...it's to hard emotionally on the poor guy.!
    Bertie has made that screaming sound too! She loves to get attention, and the minute she sees someone she will flip over on her back wanting a tummy rub.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

The covering with snot part made me really

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    The covering with snot part made me really
    Trust me...it was hard not to laugh when that happened...especially since I had to practically beg her to come over and pet him. [to get him to shut up]

The rest of my zoo:

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, people think Bulldogs are mean because they "look mean". Mack does that whine/cry too. It is so true, they just want to be petted.

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@Alice Kable I think due to his attention he gets elsewhere...that it was extremely hard on him emotionally today...And another reminder why I do not take him to the school when I pick up the children. So I had to take him into TSC for some attention... I think by the time we headed home...he was feeling back to his adorabull self again.

The rest of my zoo:

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Normie got mistaken for a shar-pei last weekend. I think he loks nothing like a shar-pei. Maybe the person who thought they were pitbull were mistaken it with staffordshire? Possibly...
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

If I ever figure out how to download video from my phone, I'll post it...My husband LAUGHED out loud. And wants to record the sound Sarge made to his phone and send it to people...He's so not right...

The rest of my zoo:

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have the opposite problem, everyone wants to pet my bulldogs when we go places!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads