OK... I have to get my wheels in motion!!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] how exciting! How can you pass that "deal" up. He needs to not think about himself but about Vegas. Vegas would be so happy to have a girlfriend! He just can't deprive Vegas from having a girlfriend. That is just not right...how would he feel without YOU! I cannot wait to hear how it goes when he comes home! OMG my husband would be dying right about now and would probably come home early. Maybe she can send a pic before he gets home and you can post the pic somewhere...I mean really how can you resist a bullie puppy! Good luck and cannot wait to hear the end of this one.......FIGHT until the end! GIRL POWER.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Okay, I started this and got interupted. Does Joe want some other breed of dog or just plain not another dog?

Having 2 dogs is so much better for the dog: constant companion, they exercise each other, life is so not boring when there are 2; but they also feed off each other, what one doesn't think of getting into (or chewing up) the other will.

I hope you are driving over to get her for a trial run tonight!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] OK .. so I would attack this situation in two ways. Tell Joe it's his early birthday present ....... :up: AND/OR agree to foster this little baby girl which will give you the option of either falling head-over-heels in love with her and end up keeping her. However, if it just doesn't work out with Vegas then a new home can still be found for her whilst you're fostering!!

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
11 week old...not to bust your bubble. But...how does it have it's papers back yet from AKC? Or...did they not register the dog and have papers to register? And...why did the buyer not contact the breeder? To many red flags for me...and a friend of a friend...And...to pay $3000 for a dog and selling just as quickly...what does the contract between seller and buyer state? And are you sure it's not stolen...

I just know all my dogs came with a re-homing clause...And they couldn't have had the pup long enough for the breeder to NOT want the pup back. And even give a refund. It makes no sense to me...

I find myself more skeptical...than I once was. Dealing with breeders recently...and discussing contracts with a few. Also has me just scratching my head over this one. So allergic that they can't even keep it? Didn't they realize this when they visited the breeders home? Just doesn't sit right with me...

Sorry I'm not excited for you...but...I'm more of the thoughts this is an "April Fools" thing...OR...the pup is stolen and someone is hustling a pup fast...it doesn't bode well with me.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Very good points [MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]... excitement can easily distract you from the red flags

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
well Chaos is 13 weeks and he has his papers back....I think u should go for it. Of course see the pup and make sure she is healthy. Just keep begging, the men usually give in to us after a while :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I too was questioning why they arent returning to the breeder but maybe they dont have that in their contract? I know i do with cutty and he wasnt quite 3000. would think being that much the breeder would have really included that. BUT if all is above the line the I say heck yeah take the pup, of course making sure that a vet trip is included in the deal so you know what you are getting. What did Mr. Negative say?! Dont keep us in suspense!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I also say GO FOR IT!!!Of course...take a look at it and make sure your friend isn't pulling one over on you. Was your hubby disappointed when he got home and there wasn't a puppy? Ask your friend for her friends name. Get the breeder's name from your friend's friend and verify the story. Easy as that. Use the AKC website and puppies AKC number and pull up the breeders name. They have to register the pups. At least my mom did...she started it and I finished it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] unfortunately assuming that this bully came from a good reputable breeder-- only then would it come with a return contract. Unfortunately that is NOT the case with MOST bulldog breeders, especially the ones that sell & ship puppies online for high prices..... more than likely this is the case here. Also assuming that they ever went to the breeder's home to get the puppy is also not usually the case. So many bulldog puppies are sold and shipped it is ridiculous- there are tons of breeder/brokers and importers selling dogs everyday. And most people do not even realize that purchasing a puppy over the net is a bad thing-- including myself-- until I was educated. All the red flags stated do not mean there is not any truth behind the story is my only point. But this puppy could very well be an imported on unhealthy bred dog. But one will probably never know.

In the case of AKC registration, it does not take long at all to get papers. The litter can registered on the day it was born, all the buyer needs is the AKC number and go online, register and pay, done. The box for limited AKC can virtually be ignored too! Grrrr......

Papers come in the mail very shortly after. Personally I hate the online registration thing- it makes it far too easy for the bad breeders to get these papers. I think AKC is a joke myself.

If you really truly decide [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] that now is the time for you to get another bulldog, you could always play the "It is FATE!!!" card, I mean how odd is it that you want another bulldog so badly, and it just so happens that Amy knows of one for you to get, on the day you call her to schedule. Whatever you decide, only you and Joe can really know if it will work. Good luck hun, and keep us posted!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] we're all waiting!!! Is that puter fixed yet???

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]..No it was not an April Fools Joke, it was a true story. I posted under Not Bulldog Talk "Going through With-drawls", the reason's why it is not going to happen. We are just to busy over the next few months to take on a pup. Joe had to talk the words of reason to me and I eventually agreed. We are looking at houses to buy and going on a 10 day cruise. We currently rent because Joe was transferred here to Fl. and we did not know the area so we rented a house so that we could find exactly where we wanted to buy.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] - Do you know what's going to happen to the pup if you don't take her? And would Joe let you at least see her or would there be too much temptation? So sorry that it's not the best time. It must have been a really difficult decision to make.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online