Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe it is a combo of the ear infection and his epilepsy (which already is related to neuro?) but if the symptoms don't pass with the clearing of the ear infection there may be something in the brain causing it too. I always think of Vegas when I look at Molly bc they are the same age and getting old sucks. :(

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Update. Vegas was getting better with his dizziness until he was knocked down a few pegs on 4/12 with 3 grand mal seizures and 1 petit mal.

Since his epilepsy has him all messed up and the meds give off side effects that mimic many other issues, it was again suggested that we test him for Cushings. So we did. We got the test back and ... no Cushings.

Huge relief that one possibility has been crossed off the list. Dr still leans towards vestibular but says it could be some sort of abnormality in the inner ear. He was only able to see 1/2 his left eardrum.... before they couldn’t see it at all.

So we are still in the recovery process but his spirits are good and he’s still feisty when you try to help.
His coordination has returned for the most part and the dr said that the head tilt may never rectify itself.

82dc9cf52b0c60a0ed4ea1917edbc9e5.jpg

30b46bba28151dc930c62c8a86fb3b81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, that’s cool news! Hope he will get even better! With his head tilt try to give him some massage on the shortened side, it cannot hurt but could help a bit.

Grecbro

Dec 5, 2014
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Hey there..glad to hear Vegas is doing better. I just wanted to let you know what happened with our 6 yr old girl (Gigi) . In late January she had a lot of the same symptoms that you have mentioned with vegas. Started with the ear infection and then we started noticing the head tilt, circling to the left, and occasionally walking into a wall. Everything was off , so after two visits to the vet , she suggested an MRI because she felt it was the signs of a brain tumor. So we took her right there and they confirmed the brain tumor. We tried for four days to see if treatments would work at a neuro office but they concluded that her condition sort of evened out and wouldn't improve. After consulting with our regular vet , she recommended that we put her down because she was in pain and the tumor wouldn't get any better. Just thought you should know in case he hasn't had the MRI yet. I'm so sorry to even be throwing this out there, and I hope I'm totally wrong . Good luck!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Update. Vegas was getting better with his dizziness until he was knocked down a few pegs on 4/12 with 3 grand mal seizures and 1 petit mal.

Since his epilepsy has him all messed up and the meds give off side effects that mimic many other issues, it was again suggested that we test him for Cushings. So we did. We got the test back and ... no Cushings

Great news!!! Now epilepsy n tremors no matter what it’s all caused by neurological. I personally sure would give Frankincense a try. But that’s me. He had this to say....can’t upload the video. Will try another way n post it.

This is my little guy sausage he has idiopathic tremors. We use frankincense essential oils on pads and ears and it goes away.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.montella.9/posts/10214983522840126

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Since his epilepsy has him all messed up and the meds give off side effects that mimic many other issues, it was again suggested that we test him for Cushings. So we did. We got the test back and ... no Cushings.

Huge relief that one possibility has been crossed off the list. Dr still leans towards vestibular but says it could be some sort of abnormality in he inner ear. He was only able to see 1/2 his left eardrum.... before they couldn’t see it at all.

So we are still in the recovery process but his spirits are good and he’s still feisty when you try to help.
His coordination has returned for the most part and the dr said that the head tilt may never rectify itself.

82dc9cf52b0c60a0ed4ea1917edbc9e5.jpg

30b46bba28151dc930c62c8a86fb3b81.jpg

Hello my love! Bigs @sss hugs to you

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh, that’s cool news! Hope he will get even better! With his head tilt try to give him some massage on the shortened side, it cannot hurt but could help a bit.

Please tell me more...

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hey there..glad to hear Vegas is doing better. I just wanted to let you know what happened with our 6 yr old girl (Gigi) . In late January she had a lot of the same symptoms that you have mentioned with vegas. Started with the ear infection and then we started noticing the head tilt, circling to the left, and occasionally walking into a wall. Everything was off , so after two visits to the vet , she suggested an MRI because she felt it was the signs of a brain tumor. So we took her right there and they confirmed the brain tumor. We tried for four days to see if treatments would work at a neuro office but they concluded that her condition sort of evened out and wouldn't improve. After consulting with our regular vet , she recommended that we put her down because she was in pain and the tumor wouldn't get any better. Just thought you should know in case he hasn't had the MRI yet. I'm so sorry to even be throwing this out there, and I hope I'm totally wrong . Good luck!!

It’s been a concern since he was diagnosed at only 10 months old.
They did mention a brain tumor... but also said that he wouldn’t be improving, he’d only continue to get worse. We’ve considered an MRI, but to put him under with his history of aspiration pneumonia and epilepsy is taking a huge risk... and the doctor asked what we would do if we found a tumor.

It’s always in the back of our minds. It’s just so difficult with him specifically because he is such a complicated case. No symptoms are new except the head tilt... everything else we’ve dealt with for years. Maybe not as severe as they were at points these last few weeks... but in the past, it’s all been dealt with before.

I really appreciate your input... all that has been said by everyone has been filed away for consideration. Thank you!!
774dede5aceca2e194fa8ddf9ac0e443.jpg

When I see some of his pictures... I see Sloth from Goonies.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm sorry that Vegas is not doing well, but happy for you that he is doing better. I'm sure he will do better yet. You're a bunch of finghters :hug:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
One could look long and hard for a lifetime and not find a dog more loved than this one.
:yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
SO TRUE, CHIP...SO TRUE <3
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]...CHERYL, PLEASE WRITE A BOOK OF THIS LOVE
YOU HAVE FOR VEGAS DESCRIBING HOW WONDERFUL VEGAS
IS AND THIS INCREDIBLE JOURNEY. WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICS
...WOW...A CERTAIN BEST SELLER & FITTING LEGACY TO YOUR
BELOVED VEGAS <3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
774dede5aceca2e194fa8ddf9ac0e443.jpg

When I see some of his pictures... I see Sloth from Goonies.

really? Sloth? Look at this gorgeous face... does not compare!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Libra926 Just saw a program w/Dr. Sanjay Gupta about medical marijuana and a little girl who had 70/80 seizures a day. It is the oil from a grow called Charlotte's Web.It actually does not make one stoned. It worked for her for a good while,she was down to 8 or 9.Could this be an option for Vegas? Or maybe this has been tried already.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
@Libra926 Just saw a program w/Dr. Sanjay Gupta about medical marijuana and a little girl who had 70/80 seizures a day. It is the oil from a grow called Charlotte's Web.It actually does not make one stoned. It worked for her for a good while,she was down to 8 or 9.Could this be an option for Vegas? Or maybe this has been tried already.

Although not Charlotte’s Web, he has tried CBD oil and we really had a great run on it. Actually... he is still given it twice a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.