Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hang in there you two! Lots of prayers and healing thoughts ... You got this Vegas! :pray2:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
THERE IS NO SWEETER OR HAPPIER BULLDOG THAN VEGAS.

AND NEVER A MORE DEVOTED MOM THAN YOU, CHERYL.

MY LOVE & PRAYERS GO WITH Y'ALL...XOXO

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We just got back from a visit with the vet. I went in today at noon because my favorite vet at the clinic called us and offered to see him on her lunch hour. We haven’t seen her in a couple of years.. she had her third child and cut down her work schedule dramatically.

After looking into his left ear, she still cannot see his eardrum.

So we are going to continue on with the eardrops and antibiotics.
She brought up Cushings. This is the third time in the last year it’s been mentioned. He has some of the symptoms... but they are also symptoms that could be side effects of the meds he’s on.
She looked at the video of his eyes... she said side to side is better than up and down. Up and down indicates brain, which brought up the thought of a stroke and a potential tumor... each could also be a possibility with the symptoms he’s having.

An MRI is the only way to rule those two out and it would require complete sedation and tubing.

She said an x-ray could be done to determine ear issues... but also would require anesthesia and tubing.

So many things to test for simply to rule stuff out.

It’s making me dizzy.

His blood test shows elevated platelets and liver enzymes. Again... could be from his current meds or something else.

c3a3c57a6617b20b886f950cf5ad69a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I can imagine that both MRI and X-ray are costly, but my advice would be start with X-ray, because still it seems more to me like inner ear infection. Wait with MRI.
Discuss with doctor, may be Vegas will lie still if you hold him, X-ray is just a second. I did X-ray with my dogs 10s of times without any anaesthesia, just talk to them, hold them and voila. But I don’t know how obedient Vegas is.
Don’t worry about stroke much for now, bcs if stroke happened a week ago, nothing much else can happen and I doubt that they gonna treat it. He will just recover from it. If his tilt is caused by stroke, after some time if massage won’t help, sometimes I know that botulotoxin is used to relax spastic neck muscles (I know for humans, not sure about dogs).
Xray of bones surrounding ear is more important, because if process is in inner ear, it’s very difficult to deliver meds there. That’s why antibiotics aren’t helping yet. Sometimes if there is a whole bubble of pus, which squeezes the nerves there is no way to get rid of this pus without surgery.
So, I would recommend to try to get X-ray without anaesthesia. Tell them you are ready to dress in lead protection and hold him as many times as it is needed.
My choice in Vegas case is between ear infection or may be consequences of his meds.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I can imagine that both MRI and X-ray are costly, but my advice would be start with X-ray, because still it seems more to me like inner ear infection. Wait with MRI.
Discuss with doctor, may be Vegas will lie still if you hold him, X-ray is just a second. I did X-ray with my dogs 10s of times without any anaesthesia, just talk to them, hold them and voila. But I don’t know how obedient Vegas is.
Don’t worry about stroke much for now, bcs if stroke happened a week ago, nothing much else can happen and I doubt that they gonna treat it. He will just recover from it. If his tilt is caused by stroke, after some time if massage won’t help, sometimes I know that botulotoxin is used to relax spastic neck muscles (I know for humans, not sure about dogs).
Xray of bones surrounding ear is more important, because if process is in inner ear, it’s very difficult to deliver meds there. That’s why antibiotics aren’t helping yet. Sometimes if there is a whole bubble of pus, which squeezes the nerves there is no way to get rid of this pus without surgery.
So, I would recommend to try to get X-ray without anaesthesia. Tell them you are ready to dress in lead protection and hold him as many times as it is needed.
My choice in Vegas case is between ear infection or may be consequences of his meds.

Thank you!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sending Love and praying for you
Ver sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing.

My pug pugsley had a stroke at age 15 he was unable to stand or walk he just layed on his side unable to do anything

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
sweet vegas. We see many of these symptoms when Foxy's ear infection rears its ugly head. She has really really deep canals and the infection never really goes away despite our best efforts of cleaning daily (sometimes twice). Twice a year she'll start by shivering in bed (in pain) and her body becomes ridiculously more clumsy than it already is. Her head doesnt sag to one side but her head sags noticeably in general. When she jumps/slides off the couch or the bed it hurts to see (although she herself doesnt get hurt). My husband and I carry her more until it clears up, usually with twice daily cleanings and drops, and a round of antibiotics. A strong ear infection can **** your **** up!! I sincerely hope Vegas feels better soon.. I would wait until the antibiotics are done to do any anesthesia related tests. But i'm not the dog mama now, you are, and you trust your gut more than my gut.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
HOW IS VEGAS DOING?

SENDING MUCH LOVE TO ALL & HOPING FOR BETTER DAYS
AND MUCH IMPROVEMENT FOR VEGAS.

AND CONTINUED GOOD BEHAVIOR FROM ORION...NOW
THERE'S YOUR EASTER MIRACLE ;) XOXO

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks I miss some posts on my iPad I guess
Sorry forgot r repetition

Naaaa we have especially me, bad habit will see someone in another post replying to someone ‘s post n then I will ask that person...hey btw.... lolll. I hyjack posts.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Naaaa we have especially me, bad habit will see someone in another post replying to someone ‘s post n then I will ask that person...hey btw.... lolll. I hyjack posts.

We know. Normally we hijack together. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Members online

No members online now.