Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I donā€™t want to say that Quattro looks bad, he is super adorable lovely boy. And his eyes and fur look amazing. But we all know that you came to them having something in your mind, you wanted an EB, you trusted them and they took big bucks from you and didnā€™t deliver what you asked for.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I agree with [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] and a lot of people may feel differently but IMO, anyone that breeds these ā€œrareā€ colors and charges $6,000 is an unethical breeder and all they care about is money, they donā€™t care about the health or the breed. Itā€™s money, money, money to them. As stated, these colors do not come from a purebred line, they are bred into the breed.

As I said before, he is a cutie for sure, but he looks like a mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tractionlesscoltgt

Mar 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Quatro
P.s. his name is quatro because we drove through 4 states to het him. He is a pretty boy for sure and super lovey and happy.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He is VERY pretty and it will be fun to watch him grow up so PLEASE dont go away and not share with us. What about a DNA test.That way mabie you could recoop some money IF things are wrong, and then go on and enjoy the heck out of that gorgeous kid of yours. I think he's going to surprise you being just the dog you were hoping for ... :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I've only had one EB so I would not be any help here, BUT what I can say is that Quatro is ONE HANDSOME PUP!!!!! Like [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] said, PLEASE don't go away, stay and let us ENJOY your journey and Quatro growing up :)

OP
T

Tractionlesscoltgt

Mar 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Quatro
I'm here to stay and I have been looking at DNA test kits out there. But my family loves the little spaz so he isn't going anywhere but kind of a bummer I want to DNA test to at least warn others of xxxxxx bulldogs being a fraudulent kennel. I picked this boy knowing he is going to grow up to be a ham so I hope all turns the way it's been planned but if not still going to be spoiled and loved no matter what.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm here to stay and I have been looking at DNA test kits out there. But my family loves the little spaz so he isn't going anywhere but kind of a bummer I want to DNA test to at least warn others of xxxxxxxx bulldogs being a fraudulent kennel. I picked this boy knowing he is going to grow up to be a ham so I hope all turns the way it's been planned bit if not still going to be spoiled and loved no matter what.

Awesome!!! Hug that spaz for us... looking forward to all his antics

Sorry, but I have to remove kennel name but anyone want info can PM you so they know who to avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I'm here to stay and I have been looking at DNA test kits out there. But my family loves the little spaz so he isn't going anywhere but kind of a bummer I want to DNA test to at least warn others of xxxxxx bulldogs being a fraudulent kennel. I picked this boy knowing he is going to grow up to be a ham so I hope all turns the way it's been planned but if not still going to be spoiled and loved no matter what.

GREAT!!! Please post photos often...can't wait to share the journey! WAY TO GO get the word out if they ripped you off, if they do they WHO KNOWS what else they do!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
P.s. his name is quatro because we drove through 4 states to het him. He is a pretty boy for sure and super lovey and happy.

And at the end of it all that is what counts. It is certainly a bummer about the amount paid but you do have a beautiful boy and you will love him to death!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
He does not look like the pup of those parents. Please post pics of his tail taken from the side and taken from the top. With those pics I may be able to answer your question with a degree of certainty.
He IS a cute fella and I can understand why you'd never consider returning him.
BTW, Tractionlesscoltgt , I had to photoshop out the breeder logos in the pics you posted and I'm re-posting the pics here.
Welcome to the forum and TY for posting your story and pics of Quatro. We like pics of bulldogs in case you were wondering.

34126.jpeg
34129.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Tractionlesscoltgt, [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] is bang on n Iā€™m with her.

And nowadays ppl will mix colours. We need to not put all breeders in the same boat. You think all these clubs AKC CKC etc donā€™t mix? Pffffft...... A lot of memberā€™s furballs have colour in them. Sure doesnā€™t mean they all came from bad breeders. It is what it is, so be it.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tractionlesscoltgt, @1Chumly is bang on n Iā€™m with her.

And nowadays ppl will mix colours. We need to not put all breeders in the same boat. You think all these clubs AKC CKC etc donā€™t mix? Pffffft...... A lot of memberā€™s furballs have colour in them. Sure doesnā€™t mean they all came from bad breeders. It is what it is, so be it.

Btw, Iā€™ve noticed that here in the US there is more experimenting with English bulldog breed, people trying to get new colours. In the Old world and even in China EB is one of the most desired and ā€œsacredā€ breed, so breeders are more conservative and will never risk reputation and breed EB with other breed dog. Among problems which arise from this ā€œreligiousā€ approach to EB breeding only between purebred bulldogs, you will rather see exaggerated typical traits of bulldogs - severe underbite, palate, nares and hip problems from birth. But never ever before arriving to the US I had a chance to see EB with visible other breeds in them. So, America is probably more innovative and brave in experimenting.

So, health wise I would say that probably it is not too bad, and may be EB in America have brighter, healthier future as a breed. But being completely hooked on typical bulldog appearances - flat big round head, low positioned small rose ears, thick nose rope, wide shark mouth, wide chest, thick front paws and small hind paws ( I always say that Iā€™ve got a set made from two dogs, paws come from different dogs!), high butt and crooked tail, two folds of skin running from neck to tummy...Personally I would never trade it for fancy colour! I can already foresee problems in the future if I want another bully, may be I will have to go to Great Britain or Canada to buy an old fashioned, perfect EB puppy!

Look at this royal bulldogs! May be I am insane, but these pictures make my heart melt! Typical bulldog appearance!
Bulldgs even have very special gait, front paws must run to the side like a lion and back paws move together like they are tied together when they run faster or all butt wags from side to side when they run slower!
Ok, ok, I know, Iā€™m insane and have no intention to look for treatment....

5DC88ABE-46D3-4A1A-89E4-D4676738909A.jpeg

220F12D8-1DAE-4725-8F92-3B06F8390AF7.jpeg

DD6E07E7-89EB-44ED-8372-AF3F96C19FBF.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION], China is a country thatā€™s conservative. Very strong on traditions, elders and all as you know. But 100yrs ago the EB looked like a boxer. So big changes there.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
He sure is adorable!!
Not that it matters all (since I love her to pieces and wouldn't trade her for the world) but I was thinking about getting a DNA test on my Bella! She is an odd color too. But she is the funniest, nuttiest, sweetest pain in the butt at times....
IMG_0820.JPG
That I wouldn't know what to do without girl!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He sure is adorable!!
Not that it matters all (since I love her to pieces and wouldn't trade her for the world) but I was thinking about getting a DNA test on my Bella! She is an odd color too. But she is the funniest, nuttiest, sweetest pain in the butt at times....
View attachment 111551
That I wouldn't know what to do without girl!

Your beautiful Bella is lilac and more on the OEB. Save your pesos. Bella is one great example, I would of done like you...take her in a heartbeat. Sheā€™s gorgeous!!! Just love your Bella :yes:

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.