Need to find a new food...HELP!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So there have been changes to pet food companies so I don't know how updated our Dog Food Ratings page is since it is from 2011 - I need to find a new food for Nigel so please share what you are feeding and help me make my decision. I know he needs a grain free recipe and he does experience allergies as well. Appreciate any feedback - Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best that members have results with are.. in no particular order and all are grain free

Acana
Orijen
Zingature
Fromm
Earthborn Holistic
The Honest Kitchen

Raw is always best if willing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Thank you! I always hear good things about raw - need to see if we can work it into our budget. Gonna check some raw feeding groups on FB too.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you! I always hear good things about raw - need to see if we can work it into our budget. Gonna check some raw feeding groups on FB too.

If you do the math, it’s comparable to a higher quality kibbles.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Do you know of any allergies or anything that currently exist?

I have had Colossus on Fromm Salmon Tunalini for quite a while. I try to change flavors (you can do that with Fromm Four Star line) so that he doesnt create an allergy to any particular one. We swap between Salmon, to game bird, to beef frittata, etc.

If you ever get to a point where yours isnt eating regularly I had good luck resetting Colossus with The Honest Kitchen. I actually thought it looked appetizing for myself :).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.