Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Lucy is just a doll!!
Love her underbite!!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
The only thing I see wrong with her is she doesn't live with me.

She is drop-dead georgous!!!

Beautiful color and markings

And it sounds like you own this training thing

Congratulations
And welcome to the fold

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello, I was a Pug owner for years but, always loved Bulldogs. So after my last Pug passed I went out and got Lucy. Having been a Pug owner I am aware of the extra care you need to take with the snub nosed breed of dog and read up and the Bulldogs were itā€™s even more so. I also have been reading through the great advice from the people on this site. Anyway I have posted pictures of my Lucy and was wondering if those who know the breed well would take a look and let me know if she looks good or if they see any issues! She is currently 5 months old, the only thing I am concerned about his her underbite. I am unsure how big it should be sometimes she has her bottom teeth out, sometimes she has them in, same with her tongue. Not sure if this is an issue or not! I posted pictures any input would be appreciated! Also I have her potty trained and she sits, stays, shakes, and rolls over. But, I am having trouble getting her to stop wanting to bite play. We have tried walking away when she starts play biting and give her toys but, she just doesnā€™t give up. I am currently resorting to grabbing her and giving her a hug then she settles down and I give her a treat but, it only last for about 15 minutes. I am afraid I will enforce the bad behavior if I do this wrong again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty girl you got there!!! WELCOME!! Stop the treat as she thinks biting, settles, hugs =treat. Get yourself real raw frozen marrow bones not the knuckles as the poop can be crumble style. She needs to be chewing bones. Donā€™t buy rawhide as thatā€™s a big no no as itā€™s not digested n often forms a ball in the stomach then might need surgery. Marrow is extremely good for the immune system. You can also buy buffalo horns or antlers. When she bites grab the bone to divert her to it n not your arm. Also donā€™t be afraid to grab the side of the jowls, stretch them and say firmly NO BITE n give her the bone.

OP
A

Apocalyptic

Mar 15, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Thanks for input and advice will try the bone marrow with the jowl and no bite idea that sounds like a great idea. I will post you how it works out down the road. Again Thank You to everyone who responded to my post!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
She's gorgeous! I saw this the other day and it disappeared before I could respond . Great looking girl and good advice :-)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Teeth showing, not showing, tongue in or out, all perfectly normal! Lucy is lovely, and welcome!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy cow she is perfection!!! Gorgeous--- love he underbite!!

Biting-- guve a firm no or continue to turn back and ignore her. No hugs or treats-- that is rewarding as you stated. You can also give a good 'Ouch' to make her realize it hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.