Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is yours an innie or an outie? :)

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is yours an innie or an outie? :)

I kinda had a self chuckle when the topic came to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin My Bullie View Post
    thats hilarious! I thought this thread was gonna be about belly buttons Chaos is definately an outie! He lets himself out if the screen door is not locked
    Love love love the picture of Orion & Vegas!

Well I get the idea that Bullies for the most part LOVE to be outies. Not sure why I was thinking more like to be inies though. Probably because my other boys, Orion (he's passed now) and Ace, are PANSIES. They only want where you are and if you're not outside, they want nothing to do with it. So Wilson constantly going out by himself and staying out surprised me a bit. I too am always finding something in this mouth, my woody plants that he just broke the branches off, bark and yes gravel.

Ok, well were off today for our first camping expedition. Heading down to southern Colorado where it will be 80. I'll let you know how we do. We have a 4 slide 5th wheel so Wilson will be in the lap of luxury fully equipped with A/C and all the comforts of home, . Ok so it's not really camping .

Angie, can you explain the lemon juice. Do you just squirt it in their mouths? I read about that and have it on hand .
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 04-01-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: lemon juice curiosity...

Lucy-licious

@JeannieCO its for if they get severely over heated, breathing becomes very rapid laboured and noisey almost roaring, the tongue at this stage will most likely be blue.
    secretions become thick and hinder breathing. squirt the lemon in the back of the throat it boosts the salivary glands and they are able to swallow if its not too bad or they will vomit clearing the throat
    however the lemon is only a part of it If they are at this stage(God forbid) you need to cool them down and fast
    best way is immerse them in cold water if you cant do that then hosepipe or pour buckets over them
    icecubes on the head can help too and if they are slipping out f consciousness ice near the anus will help too
    most important is to cool your dog fast but... if you feel thats not happening get them to the vet fast with wet towels blankets and ice packed around them in the car.

All sounds very scary really but thats how important it is to keep them cool in the first place, I have learned and memorised this from reading many books and searching many websites for the best info
    it has never happened to me or anyone I know of here in the UK but just to be safe I always have lemonjuice in my Doggykit.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Princess Gracie absolutely HATES the outside.The colder it is the more she hates it and if there is any snow in her poo/pee spot she will do it on the sidewalk and race back into the house. I don't know how Im going to get her outside today, they are jack hammering up our street today for repair and I just know she is going to freak out with the noise.

Lucy-licious

@BruceP will she let you put cotton wool in her ears it might reduce the noise a bit,.
    Lucy freaks at loud noises too and heads for safety fast.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

Bertie is an innie! She goes outside to do her business, and then wants to rush back inside.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

My boys mostly go wherever I am. If I am out in the office (it is separate from the house so they are outside if they want at that time) they come and go outside as they please but if I am in the house they usually stay in there for the most part with me. In the morning when I am doing breakfast with Sierra they do tend to sunbathe but once we are done with that they are usually inside getting tormented by Sierra.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would say innie. For the most part Samson prefers to be inside but he does like to sunbath so he does like to lounge around outside a bit as well.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

I have one of each. Brodie loves loves being outside. He will even take his bone and go out to chew on it. He will just lay in the sun and nap all day if you let him. Lola, well she loves outside if we are outside. She is nothing like Brodie when it comes to being outside. She will go out do her business and she is back at the door begging to come in. Sometimes if she cannot look out the doors and see Brodie she will want to go out but once she finds out where he is at (which is usually in the middle of the banana plants) she is ready to come back in. We will see how much Brodie likes being outside in a couple of months! it gets so hot & humid here so I doubt he will be out as much as he is now! Also, right now we can keep the french doors open so he comes and goes all day but shortly that won't happen! I am getting excited to see how Brodie reacts to swimming! Lola loves it and will swim all day (life jacket for the most part) if you let her! I hope he likes it as much and that reminds me I need to order his life jacket!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulliefamily View Post
    I have one of each. Brodie loves loves being outside. He will even take his bone and go out to chew on it. He will just lay in the sun and nap all day if you let him. Lola, well she loves outside if we are outside. She is nothing like Brodie when it comes to being outside. She will go out do her business and she is back at the door begging to come in. Sometimes if she cannot look out the doors and see Brodie she will want to go out but once she finds out where he is at (which is usually in the middle of the banana plants) she is ready to come back in. We will see how much Brodie likes being outside in a couple of months! it gets so hot & humid here so I doubt he will be out as much as he is now! Also, right now we can keep the french doors open so he comes and goes all day but shortly that won't happen! I am getting excited to see how Brodie reacts to swimming! Lola loves it and will swim all day (life jacket for the most part) if you let her! I hope he likes it as much and that reminds me I need to order his life jacket!
    @2bulliefamily You already said you got a new camera so we will be expecting pictures of 2 beautiful bullys swimming

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson - - oh you can rest assured you will get some pics and hopefully video of that. The camera, so I am told by hubby, takes video as well. Lola is a hoot swimming and we have to get a pic/video of her sticking her head all the way under the water to get something on one of the steps. We crack up at her and I have no idea how she knows to do that but she did it last year and we were shocked, so we would put something on the step (for some reason she loves Mackenzie's dive sticks) and she would put her head all the way under water and get it. It is so funny! When we have friends/family over Lola is our entertainment . I cannot wait to take a video and show everyone. I thought Lola was going to swim last weekend but after she got on the 2nd step she was like "uh no tooo cold" and got out!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulliefamily View Post
    @TessaAndSamson - - oh you can rest assured you will get some pics and hopefully video of that. The camera, so I am told by hubby, takes video as well. Lola is a hoot swimming and we have to get a pic/video of her sticking her head all the way under the water to get something on one of the steps. We crack up at her and I have no idea how she knows to do that but she did it last year and we were shocked, so we would put something on the step (for some reason she loves Mackenzie's dive sticks) and she would put her head all the way under water and get it. It is so funny! When we have friends/family over Lola is our entertainment . I cannot wait to take a video and show everyone. I thought Lola was going to swim last weekend but after she got on the 2nd step she was like "uh no tooo cold" and got out!
    I definitely want to see a video of that! My in-laws lab does that, if one of her toys sink to the bottom of the pool she will stick her head under water and look for it but you expect that from a lab because they are water dogs! Didn't ever think a bully would do that! So cute!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Both Mack and Ruggles are outside boys! The only weather they don't like is rain!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads