Nacho has Diarrhea

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hello everyone! So this morning I took nacho out to potty and he took a massive dump! It was not solid but it wasnā€™t watery either, it was in between. Anyway, I usually leave for work and get home at 3 and he holds it in, no problem. Today I got home and found not one but TWO piles of poop in his crate with him!:( the first one was like ice cream serve but the second was COMPLETELY watery with no texture to it at all!

I took him outside and he went AGAIN and pooped a litle but it was very very watery, we walked about 100 yards and he squatted again, but only liquid came out.

He has a vet appointment tomorrow but I wanted to ask to see if you guys think this is normal or something I can do to help him??

There has been no changes in his diet. Heā€™s 40lbs and eats 3 cups of Merricks puppy food daily. Heā€™s 8 1/2 months old.

Please help us out!!!:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Could be a parasite, could be a bug, could be too much food. Lots of different ā€œcould beā€™s.ā€ Since you have a vet appointment tomorrow, be sure to bring in a poop sample so they can run a fecal test and make sure they specifically test for giardia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
@nachothebulldog

Any blood? Bloody can indicate hookworm. Hopefully it's nothing gnarly and just a 24 hr thing. In the meanwhile, I'd give no more food until tomorrow but offer plenty of fresh water. Tomorrow light food until vet can see him.... When we had diarrhea in the past we did rice boiled in broth and boiled chicken a few days. Canned pumpkin is good advice too. Hope he's feeling better soon!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, You've been given great advice from members above, I agree bring a poop sample with you for the vet to check, don't feed him until he sees the vet, just offer water so he doesn't dehydrate. Does he have a fever? Is he acting Lethargic or out of character? Could he have eaten something you don't know about? I hope he is okay, let us know what the vet says.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=17431]nachothebulldog[/MENTION] - Great advice given, Totally fast NO FOOD, nacho for the next 24hrs, give his digestive system time to rest, he will be totally fine, give 1TBSP with some boiled ground turkey or sirloin

We have had the poopies a couple times, thankfully it was nothing serious, Vet gave us probiotics, and couple days Ellie was back to good.

Good luck at the Vet keep us posted...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
With that much soft and liquid poop going on, it's probably a smart move to visit your Vet. My guess is Giardia and a few days, a week of Metro and he'll be good to go. If this is the case don't forget to add a probiotic to his diet to help restore what he's lost.

Most Reactions