King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Well double crap!!! This is the first time I’ve gotten tuckers but I got the pork lamb. Talking to the lady she also said yes about the salmonella being a “potential” in all raw food but because they’re frozen it really wouldn’t even be dangerous as if you were buying dry dog food because that has the potential to multiply faster. Anyway, it’s almost seems like a scam because so many people are going to raw that they’re trying to scare people away from it. Probably not but that’s almost how I’m feeling... though I still won’t use the ones that are recalled until they are cleared again.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well double crap!!! This is the first time I’ve gotten tuckers but I got the pork lamb. Talking to the lady she also said yes about the salmonella being a “potential” in all raw food but because they’re frozen it really wouldn’t even be dangerous as if you were buying dry dog food because that has the potential to multiply faster. Anyway, it’s almost seems like a scam because so many people are going to raw that they’re trying to scare people away from it. Probably not but that’s almost how I’m feeling... though I still won’t use the ones that are recalled until they are cleared again.

My friend said the same thing thinking that it's big pet foods trying to tarnish raw. The Nebraska Dept of Agriculture is the one that detected it so of course the company is going to do a voluntary recall. I just don't understand how all these raw foods are getting recalled for the POTENTIAL of salmonella when all raw meat has the potential. Even meat that people eat has the potential of salmonella if you don't handle it correctly.

Jax got sick one time from some bad bison and it was kind of my fault. I order it online and it comes frozen with ice packs, etc. This particular instance, it was right in the middle of a heatwave and the packages were a little thawed and I thought they looked a little brown but I thought, he's a dog, wild dogs eat meat that have been sitting in the sun for god knows how long, he'll be fine. So I fed it to him and he got diarrhea and vomiting. And unfortunately I didn't make the connection until 2 weeks later so I kept feeding it to him. Once he stopped getting it, he was fine.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Looks odd doesn’t it? Makes you wonder.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.