Another food recall!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Now we are hearing about more raw/frozen food recalls. What is going on? 11 recalls of one type of food or another so far this year and it's only the beginning of March!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Probably always happened public was never informed or we didn't have anyway of knowing, but there are also thousands of brands now too... so seems more common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/steves-real-food-raw-frozen-dog-food-recall/

@hanskter donā€™t you feed Steveā€™s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you and CRAP yes! and the turkey!!!!!!! only thing is i buy in bulk box and only have the bag with no info on it.. I will take it in tomorrow though as their real good about taking back. He does BEST on the steves so im bummed. He's eaten a whole bag out of that box...... wonder whats up with all this !!!!!!!!!! what we to do????

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Now we are hearing about more raw/frozen food recalls. What is going on? 11 recalls of one type of food or another so far this year and it's only the beginning of March!

The problem is not enough food inspectors to check everything. Iā€™m in that industry and itā€™s a huge issue even for human food. Thereā€™s this documentary on Netflix called ā€œearthlingsā€. I swear youā€™ll become vegetarian. Best meats are on small farms n not mass production farms. I stay away from them.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
The problem is not enough food inspectors to check everything. Iā€™m in that industry and itā€™s a huge issue even for human food. Thereā€™s this documentary on Netflix called ā€œearthlingsā€. I swear youā€™ll become vegetarian. Best meats are on small farms n not mass production farms. I stay away from them.

ha! I was a vegetarian for 35 years,,,,,,,, why did i ever switch!!! but still, i did feed my dogs and kidos meat.... Anyway, i already took my bag back and they gave me two to replace... hope theres no recall on these now!!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
ha! I was a vegetarian for 35 years,,,,,,,, why did i ever switch!!! but still, i did feed my dogs and kidos meat.... Anyway, i already took my bag back and they gave me two to replace... hope theres no recall on these now!!!!!

Yeah why did you switch back? Rare we see that. Ppl can say what they want about vegetarianā€™s as they surely eat healthy!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yeah why did you switch back? Rare we see that. Ppl can say what they want about vegetarianā€™s as they surely eat healthy!

Well, not that you really want to know butā€¦ā€¦ My daughter at age 4 and decided not To eat meat either. It was more of a struggle finding ways to feed her (picky 4 ye old) correctly so I decided to eat turkey. She followed suit. Then it was another many years like that with just turkey and fish, and then my husband was ill, and we didnā€™t eat much, and one day I shared a burger with him. And it moved on from there. Ps... yes! I and anyone I have ever known who eats vegetarian ears/ate very healthy. So much reading and investigating food. Somewhat of an obsessionā€¦ kinda like the feeding of our DOGS!! ;)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.