Happy 5th Birthday to Samson!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Today is my baby boy's 5th birthday :) I got him some special treats, a new toy and he will get special meals today. Like breakfast is normally kibble, salmon oil and frozen green beans but this morning I substituted half the kibble for boiled hamburger and added a couple spoon fulls of cottage cheese. Tonight I will again substitute half his kibble for boiled hamburger and add yogurt and apples (he gets yogurt and fruits or veggies on his dinner every other night so the hamburger is really the only special thing).

In past years and in the time approaching this birthday I have allowed myself to get sad. I love my boy so VERY VERY much and seeing time go by so fast saddens me. Our dogs are here with us for such a short time, especially bullys and the idea of not having Samson around one day breaks my heart. BUT after a nice conversation with one of our wonderful EBN members about our bullys aging I have decided to just remember to make each day count and fully appreciate the time I have with Samson while he is with me and not allow myself to be prematurely saddened by something I can't even control. So in celebration of his life here are pictures from every year of my handsome Sam's life :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2006:

My baby boy and I

BubbaNMe.jpg

img034.jpg

2007:

HandsomeGuy2.jpg

2008:

SeaOfBlankets-1.jpg

2009:

Pelanconi.jpg

pics004.jpg

2010:

Samson02.jpg

2011:

Sunbathing012311006.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwwwwwwwwww.. What a special bully Samson is. He just gets better looking every year. Give him a scratch behind the ears for me, Tessa.... Happy Birthday Sammie :heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Happy 5th bday Samson! Really love his youngin' pics. He's quite the looker!

I get sad too when I think about how much little time we have with them. But that's when we appreciate them more and find ways to make and keep them smile. Don't worry, we all know here that Samson's one of the most spoiled fur-kids and he's happy as can be, all thanks to his momma!

Hope this day turns out fanstastic and many many many (x infinity) more to come!

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

happy 5th Birthday to Samson....have a great day and enjoy those birthday burgers xxx

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Happy birthday Samson! Old dogs are special ...we have lost 2 old guys in the last year and they take a piece of your heart with them..but they make your heart so much bigger every day! Just love him like he loves you. Happy happy birthday!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Your post made me tear up. Being a new bully owner, i'm going to try with all my heart to live in the present with Tate and enjoy him as much as I can every moment. Thanks for the reminder!
Happy birthday to you, Samson! you are a handsome boy!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
:luv: Happy Birthday Samson!!! what a big boy he is now and entirely too cute. I too worry about the future but doing that, we can't enjoy the present. Give him lots and hugs and kisses from me and Bear :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Happy Birthday Samson!!!! What a great birthday tribute to him. I know how sad it is to realize they arent pups anymore since Cutty is 5 too but they are both young pups still in their minds so that makes it better! :hug: to such a handsome young man! :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Happy 5th Birthday Samson.... love the pics! He is such a handsome young man!! :luv::luv::luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online