Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegas ate my roses today!! Please read...

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vegas ate my roses today!! Please read...

We have deer in our neighborhood and roses are their very favorite food! Not even thorns deter them...As far as the aspca charging ..since they are a charity run organization..I presume they might make some $$ off this?? I agree that is really steep..but maybe if you were somewhere where there was no help available it would be worth it. I am not justifying it..just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. They do a lot good things for animals and I am sure there is liability and costs they must cover.

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

I just posted a number that only charges $35 to answer a question...and sometimes you can't learn the information on the computer. Like in my case...Ahsoka had gotten a packet of cold pills...She's also MDR1 and I was concerned. It was worth peace of mind of $35...but $65 that is a lot of money...The $35 includes if there is a problem...And the vet you go to isn't current on how to treat such a case...they will advice the vet as to how to proceed. So...if you look at the bigger picture...the $35 isn't to bad. But that's almost half of what the other place charges!!!
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to say I suppose some fee isnt too bad cuz you figure to get a vet to respond costs money I suppose but seriously 65 bucks?!?!?! 35 is a little more appropriate although I bet they would make more money if they charged closer to 15 or 20.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I agree..$65 is a lot..our emergency vet here is $65 .. One time our dobie got 1 frickin' pellet of a rat poison..err hubbies fault..and she weighed 115 lbs. We called and they (emerge vet) wouldn't give us any advice at all without seeing her..so off we went to have her tummy pumped and she got activated charcoal. Later our vet told us that 1 stinking pellet wouldn't have bothered her at all..ha ha..our wallet was much lighter tho..by about $500..lesson learned? From then on my hubby listened when I nagged him to keep zoe (dobie) away from what he was doing!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So glad they are not poisonous! So strange the things they decide to eat! Wow $65, thats outrageous! My vet is open 24 hrs and never has any problem answering my questions (which I have done, 5am call after Sam's first head tremor and countless times after he swallowed a toy LOL) free of charge. Guess I won't be calling that hotline ever!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

I bet Vegas felt he needed some vitamin C and the roses looked good enough to eat! Now, @KMARINO that would be a cute picture!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

How crazy for them to try and get that much money. $5 would be too much. Poor Vegas. I am glad he is ok, only now do I think its hilarious he ate your roses. v
    I didn't do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads