Pet Loader

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I came across this for loading dogs in cars and think it looks like a good thing (as Martha Stewart would say). More expensive than a ramp but maybe more dogs would use it? Chumly refused to use a ramp and I haven't tried with Monty, it's still the heavo-ho up into the car for him! There is a video at the bottom of the page.

Pet Loader: Get Your Pet In and Out of Your Vehicle Safely

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I came across this for loading dogs in cars and think it looks like a good thing (as Martha Stewart would say). More expensive than a ramp but maybe more dogs would use it? Chumly refused to use a ramp and I haven't tried with Monty, it's still the heavo-ho up into the car for him! There is a video at the bottom of the page.

Pet Loader: Get Your Pet In and Out of Your Vehicle Safely

Brilliant idea. I donā€™t think the longer on is necessary as the other 2 does the same job. These dogs are not old n they are all sporting dogs that can jump in n out of any of those trucks. They should of used a dog that has like a limping issue/injured or senior. But great for the dogs that donā€™t like getting into a vehicle like Nyala or a heavier dog can be a smart buy. I saw ramps that you ride your motorcycle up in the back truck that folds. Not sure of the price but sure looked more sturdy than whatā€™s on the video. Mind you bikes are heavier. :) I still have my sonā€™s mecanicos from when he was a kid. Might build myself one. Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This is a great idea-would fold smaller than a ramp. BUT,if someone was very handy, or knew a handyperson, bet they could make one alot cheaper!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
That is a good idea. I have a fold up, portable ramp that I tried one time so far with Louie to get into the back and he was scared to use it. Maybe I should try to lure him up and down with treats so he sees it's a good thing. Right now he will stand up with his 2 front paws and then I just lift his back end but I always have to pick him up to help him out and I have a bad back so I definitely shouldn't be lifting him at all.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
That is a good idea. I have a fold up, portable ramp that I tried one time so far with Louie to get into the back and he was scared to use it. Maybe I should try to lure him up and down with treats so he sees it's a good thing. Right now he will stand up with his 2 front paws and then I just lift his back end but I always have to pick him up to help him out and I have a bad back so I definitely shouldn't be lifting him at all.

That's what I have to do with Monty. It reminds me of getting a jockey up on a horse! I can't get him in the back of my SUV, it is too high so I have to get him in the front passenger wheel-well where he sits like the good boy he is! The back doors don't open wide enough. Getting him down, I hold on to his harness so he has a soft landing. He is too big for me to do it any other way. I have a ramp but I haven't tried him with it, I really think it would be a non-starter as he is such a klutz.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Brilliant idea. I donā€™t think the longer on is necessary as the other 2 does the same job. These dogs are not old n they are all sporting dogs that can jump in n out of any of those trucks. They should of used a dog that has like a limping issue/injured or senior. But great for the dogs that donā€™t like getting into a vehicle like Nyala or a heavier dog can be a smart buy. I saw ramps that you ride your motorcycle up in the back truck that folds. Not sure of the price but sure looked more sturdy than whatā€™s on the video. Mind you bikes are heavier. :) I still have my sonā€™s mecanicos from when he was a kid. Might build myself one. Lol

I wish they had shown different dogs but think the idea was to show big dogs and how it could handle them. The ramp I have is very sturdy and folds but it is cumbersome.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
those are super nice.. I got some plastic fold down ones (petsafe i think) that i paid 8 bucks for at Ross. They work just fine and fit great in my car folded down. these you show are much nicer and wider but hank's a country boy that deals with what he gets lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE!! Lambeau would never even consider it

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online