Miss Bella is limping on her back right leg....

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So all of the sudden Miss Bella is limping on her back right leg. :(
Not sure what could have happened to cause this. Poor baby.... she won't put pressure on it at all if she can help it. Will keep an eye out and hopefully in the morning she'll be better. Please say a prayer for her ...
She was outside playing with her volleyball. She walked with a little limp but ran like nothing was bothering her. IMG_0407.JPG

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So all of the sudden Miss Bella is limping on her back right leg. :(
Not sure what could have happened to cause this. Poor baby.... she won't put pressure on it at all if she can help it. Will keep an eye out and hopefully in the morning she'll be better. Please say a prayer for her ...
She was outside playing with her volleyball. She walked with a little limp but ran like nothing was bothering her. View attachment 110909

Hey bella....your friend Duke just finished a front leg limping. Duke's the flying torpedo but had nothing to do wuth any jump but little yeast. Yup made him limp. Limp or not he still jump, run cause that's Duke. I put Nyala's tail pocket mixture n this morning he stpped the limping. I still kept the mixture going all day today just in case. Tell momma to stick her finger into the deep part of your paws and see it its moist. Let me know. Oh n Nyala had the same a year ago n her paws are pitch black. Uses a led flashlight. Deep down inside was whitish creamy. Same mixture n gone... so ckeck inside deeply in the paws.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey bella....your friend Duke just finished a front leg limping. Duke's the flying torpedo but had nothing to do wuth any jump but little yeast. Yup made him limp. Limp or not he still jump, run cause that's Duke. I put Nyala's tail pocket mixture n this morning he stpped the limping. I still kept the mixture going all day today just in case. Tell momma to stick her finger into the deep part of your paws and see it its moist. Let me know. Oh n Nyala had the same a year ago n her paws are pitch black. Uses a led flashlight. Deep down inside was whitish creamy. Same mixture n gone... so ckeck inside deeply in the paws.

I checked her back right paw. It was not moist at all! :(
Seems like it's her hip that is sore. Don't really know for sure. She was fine all day we even went for a walk earlier and she was fine.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I checker her back right paw. It was not moist at all! :(
Seems like Mather her hip is sore. Don't really know for sure. She was fine all day we even went for a walk earlier and she was fine.

Did you stick your finger in the deep end of the paw? That's exactly how Duke started. Out of nowhere. On the other hand......

If you press on her hip does she whine a bite or gives you that dirty look? If it's a muscle, massage her hips to the claws. Add a bit of oils...see what happens.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Did you stick your finger in the deep end of the paw? That's exactly how Duke started. Out of nowhere. On the other hand......

If you press on her hip does she whine a bite or gives you that dirty look? If it's a muscle, massage her hips to the claws. Add a bit of oils...see what happens.

I did. She is not bothered by that at all.
Hopefully it's nothing major. Maybe she just twisted it that wrong way while playing ball. I'll update in the morning.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Could just be a strain. That’s happened to Jax before. Maybe just keep her from running around and jumping for a few days. Rest, rest, rest! Of course that’s easier said then done.

Feel better soon Bella! Hugs and kisses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Could just be a strain. That’s happened to Jax before. Maybe just keep her from running around and jumping for a few days. Rest, rest, rest! Of course that’s easier said then done.

Feel better soon Bella! Hugs and kisses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!
Hopefully that's all it is.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Has your Vet ever evaluated her for Hip dysplasia? Exercise can aggravate it. In the mean time she needs some crate rest.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is at the vet now! My son is a vet tech so will know more this morning. Please say a prayer that it's just a strain. :(
She didn't move much in bed last night and didn't want to put any pressure on it at all this morning.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I sure hope it's just a pulled muscle...please keep us posted on your beautiful girl.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She is at the vet now! My son is a vet tech so will know more this morning. Please say a prayer that it's just a strain. :(
She didn't move much in bed last night and didn't want to put any pressure on it at all this morning.

Any news???

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] Sending good thoughts and prayer that Bella is good to go, and it is "just" a sprain and nothing more serious :pray:

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So the doctor said it seems to be just a sprain so she has to be crated and leash walked for the next week and she was given some anti-inflammatory meds. Thank goodness it's nothing more serious.
Thank you all for your well wishes!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So the doctor said it seems to be just a sprain so she has to be crated and leash walked for the next week and she was given some anti-inflammatory meds. Thank goodness it's nothing more serious.
Thank you all for your well wishes!!

Thank goodness is RIGHT!! So happy to read that it is nothing serious! Feel better soon sweet Bella!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Whooohooo! Couldn't be better news.

Most Reactions

Members online