What brand do you feed your bully?

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
I currently feed my 8 month old with Merricks puppy food. He gets about 3 cups per day of food.

The problem I been having is that his farts smell TERRIBLE!!! Been thinking about changing up his food.

Any suggestions on what would be a good brand to try?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I currently feed my 8 month old with Merricks puppy food. He gets about 3 cups per day of food.

The problem I been having is that his farts smell TERRIBLE!!! Been thinking about changing up his food.

Any suggestions on what would be a good brand to try?

Thanks!

If itā€™s kibbles stick to one protein at a time to eliminate any allergies IF any. I would go with ....like always, Acana, Orijen or Fromm. Acana has tripe so great way to get probiotics. Also it has one protein per bag.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We feed our female Blossom Fromms, but our male Bulldozer suffers from 7 protein allergies, so due to,this, I feed him Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan Kibble for 2 weeks, and then switch to either Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Venison or Performatrin Grain Free Sweet Potato and Venison Kibble. I switch back and forth, hoping he won't become allergic or sensitive to the Venison, since this is the only protein he tolerates right now. The Natural Balance is t the best food and is only rated as a 3 Star Food, but it works for Dozer, so I have no choice. He seems to do better on the lower star foods, than on the higher ones, they seem to be rich for him. You should try to choose foods that are rated a 4 star or higher on the Dog Food Ratings. Fromms is a 6 Star food, other good choices are Acana, Orijen, Wellness, Merrick, and Go Natural.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Acana here.
If he's around 40+ lbs he could be eating 2 cups kibble(BTW, it's time to transition away from the puppy blend) per day + veggies. You might consider eliminating the Broccoli from his diet.
Reviewing previous pics of the boy, Nacho is a cute one and in really good shape

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax gets all raw and Louie gets raw in the pm and kibble in the am. Heā€™s been on Fromm since getting him but I just switched him to Zignature.

Do you give a probiotic? That can help with gas.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We feed our female Blossom Fromms, but our male Bulldozer suffers from 7 protein allergies, so due to,this, I feed him Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan Kibble for 2 weeks, and then switch to either Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Venison or Performatrin Grain Free Sweet Potato and Venison Kibble. I switch back and forth, hoping he won't become allergic or sensitive to the Venison, since this is the only protein he tolerates right now. The Natural Balance is t the best food and is only rated as a 3 Star Food, but it works for Dozer, so I have no choice. He seems to do better on the lower star foods, than on the higher ones, they seem to be rich for him. You should try to choose foods that are rated a 4 star or higher on the Dog Food Ratings. Fromms is a 6 Star food, other good choices are Acana, Orijen, Wellness, Merrick, and Go Natural.

Get him on Black seed oil!! I will post this in my essential oil thread as itā€™s that top oil. For your immune system. Bigger bottle like almond oil or jojoba oil. All humans should be taking this too!

https://www.dogvills.com/can-you-give-a-dog-black-seed-oil/

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I feed Monty Zignature. Either Salmon & Trout or Duck with frozen green beans topper. I tried him on their Turkey but it didn't agree with him. Last month he started to fart for some unknown reason and they were wicked so I started giving him Kefir again and all is well!

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Fromm and herbsmith probiotics.

Rarely had gas after starting probiotics

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I feed my dogs Fromm's... but will be making a switch here soon. My boy Walter has allergy issues...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If going kibble... the better choices are (no particular order)

Fromm
Acana
Orijen
Earthborn Holistic
Zingnature

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Get him on Black seed oil!! I will post this in my essential oil thread as itā€™s that top oil. For your immune system. Bigger bottle like almond oil or jojoba oil. All humans should be taking this too!

https://www.dogvills.com/can-you-give-a-dog-black-seed-oil/

The article doesn't say it's necessarily safe to give. I'd rather stick with giving my dog coconut oil and salmon oil. And flax seed oil or hemp seed oil when she is on bigger game food like beef, lamb etc

Members online

No members online now.