I found an awesome medic alert dog tag for Vegas!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I stopped by Pet Pros and they had the Red Dingo tags for order. I got Vegas a red enamel one with his name, epilepsy/reward, my cell and Mark's cell, and that they were microchipped. They are about the size of a quarter. I attached it to the Rubit Collar Clip...now I can easily attach it to any collar he may be wearing. I also picked up a butterfly one for O.

They come in small, medium and large. We got the medium.
The website also has where you can type in your order number and track it. We ordered them Tuesday evening last week and Orion's got hers Thursday. Vegas's just got here today (tuesday)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Besides being pretty and useful they also might deter anyone from wanting to steal a bulldog if it is in need of medical attention. I've often seen lost or stolen pet alerts and some of the animals are listed as needing meds.:blah:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
They are nice! Is Pet Pros a store near you?? I've never heard of it before.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's a new store in Washington. They are a great store...they carry all the 6 star foods (except for Nature's Logic) Pretty good priced also.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
:up: I really like the medical alert on that Rubit Collar Clip...It looks real authentic like you may have gotten it at a vet office or something. But...don't you have a tag to hang that has the number to call about the chip? If someone did find the dog...they then can call the number and get information without needing to take the dog to a vet to be scanned...Ahsoka has a tag from the chip company...with their number. So a person wouldn't have to scan her...to get her back home.

I agree that someone first glance...they might be leery to grab a dog with such a tag on the collar.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]

I do have a tag..but why? Why put added junk on his collar? Both my husband's and my phone number are on it. I just blurred part of it out so it wasn't viewable. I just would want the person to know that he is chipped..in case they decide "I might just keep him". I would rather they take him to the vet for a scan anyways. He'd be safer and better cared for if he had a seizure....
If it was Orion, THEY probably would FEEL safer taking her in to a vet. Her being such a pickle.

Also...is it mean that I only put "reward" on Vegas and not Orion's collar?

Just kidding!

Last edited:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTIONLibra926][/MENTION]

I do have a tag..but why? Why put added junk on his collar? Both my husband's and my phone number are on it. I just blurred part of it out so it wasn't viewable. I just would want the person to know that he is chipped..in case they decide "I might just keep him". I would rather they take him to the vet for a scan anyways. He'd be safer and better cared for if he had a seizure....
If it was Orion, THEY probably would FEEL safer taking her in to a vet. Her being such a pickle.

Also, is it mean that I only put "reward" on Vegas and not Orion's collar?

Just kidding!

Cheryl...I read that a few times...not making heads or tails from it...before scanning down to the "Just kidding" part...and I was like...No wonder it made no sense to me...it wasn't meant to...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Fair warning If I ever find Vegas I am NOT returning him. :p

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
On both O's and Vegas's collar....It's engraved "reward". Everything else....was serious.
I probably was also unclear about Orion. She's such a pickle...anyone that found her would probably feel safer turning her over to a vet's office. Just because she's a PITA.

Last edited:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
;) Gotcha...I was curious...if you had tagged them on the purpose them being found together...Which I was puzzled at this assumption. But maybe I read it wrong. Okay...REWARD for both dogs...That does sound better...

PITA...that ought to be scary at times...

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
PITA = Pain In The Arse

But really....she's a sweetheart. She really is. She just doesn't like other dogs. She's stuck up like that. :yes:
And she's moody.
And she talks back.
And she's bossy.

Hmmm. Almost like looking in a mirror. :eek: *gulp* I just realized she's exactly like me! :faint::faint:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online