English Bulldog lives to 12 years old

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I just wanted to share this, Rosie the Bulldog who was the inspiration for Long Beach, CA's dog beach, died January 2010. While it was very sad it gives me hope, with the proper care an English Bulldog can live a long happy life.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Our girl baby was almost 9 when she was stolen, and showing no sign of old age. I wonder how long she lived.... :(

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Back in 2000- she was at a Veterinary Hospital boarding facility while we went on vacation.... the "weekend girl" was a drug addict and stole several dogs and sold them. It was awful to go through.

She was also stolen out of our backyard when she was a pup in 1994.... but we got her back with a $1000 reward, even was on the news. We quit our jobs to look for her. We only had $985 to give to them (the news was there too), and they took it. Then they came back a week later asking for the other $15. NERVE!!!!!!

Wonder why I don't take my bullies for walks? :(

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
remarkable. Cannot even imagine the type of person who would do that. I am sorry. We take our boys for walks every once in a while BUT only with my husband. He wont let me walk them by myslef understandably. Such a sad world we live in that this is what we have to do. We do have them locked up here at the house pretty well and for the most part nobody really knows we have them, course all it takes is that 1 person.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yup, it certainly does just take one person. It's awful that we live in a world where we have to worry so much about this, so sorry about your loss Bulldog. And it really could be anyone because I heard of an English Bulldog being stolen here in so cal and the people that were involved with stealing this EB were working at the home just days/weeks before doing some type of remodel/home improvemnt. It would never have occured to me until then to have to worry about that when I have people working at my house.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
My very 1st Bulldog lived to be 16 years old. He was blind and moved really slow, but the vet said he was in no pain. He passed in his sleep on the foot of my bed, laying with his favorite toys.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
wow rob!! Was he English? That is amazing :)

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My very 1st Bulldog lived to be 16 years old. He was blind and moved really slow, but the vet said he was in no pain. He passed in his sleep on the foot of my bed, laying with his favorite toys.

Aww that is so great to hear, 16 is an old bully. I mean I'm sure it's tough no matter what age but thats awesome that as a bully he lived to 16.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wonderful to hear of bullies living so long...with all the potential health problems, it's good to have these stories too!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.