DNA Testing

dgoff6

Mar 20, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Romeo
Why is it important to get full color panel DNA test for your bulldog?? Where would you prefer I get one from??? Suggestions anyone

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Why is it important to get full color panel DNA test for your bulldog?? Where would you prefer I get one from??? Suggestions anyone

Hello n Welcome!!!

Unless you want to breed your dog, well a test will help if you don’t know anything on your dog’s ancestry. But if you’re going to have your dog as a family dog, I personally wouldn’t have any test done and just enjoy my furball.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A friend had one done for her dog that she adopted from a shelter... she was just curious to see what he was a mix of.... Chihuahua and pittbull... cuttie little guy.

if you are looking to breed... it may be helpful
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree if you are going to breed then it might be an issue, but truthfully, a breeder will already know the pedigree of the sire and dam before breeding. If you got your bully from a breeder, then they should have the pedigree. If it was a rescue then you wouldn't know and I wouldn't spend the money on it. Color wise, only bulldogs that are BCA standard colors should be bred. No DQ colors should ever be bred.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I agree if you are going to breed then it might be an issue, but truthfully, a breeder will already know the pedigree of the sire and dam before breeding. If you got your bully from a breeder, then they should have the pedigree. If it was a rescue then you wouldn't know and I wouldn't spend the money on it. Color wise, only bulldogs that are BCA standard colors should be bred. No DQ colors should ever be bred.

What does DQ stand for? All I know is Dairy Queen. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Agreed 100%.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Allowing registration of "designer colors" was voted down last year by the membership of the BCA...by a large margin. The designer colors were bred out for the good of the breed, healthwise. The fear is that with designer colors comes undesirable health and temperament traits...as I understand.

OP
dgoff6

dgoff6

Mar 20, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Romeo
Thanks a lot!!! I do have my full pedigree from my breeder and I intend to breed my male one day!!! I just see many breeders have they full color panel DNA so I asked why was it important...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.