OP
7oniarc

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
Well, my dogs are "spoiled". My yard is totally fenced,so they can just run out the door! They would go out 100 times! They do go out more than they have to.
I think they should go out 3 times a day (ideally) but at least 2, and once before bed. One of my rescue Bullies, doesn't want to go out, but I "make" her go, easy for me because, there are only 4 steps! Like I said, a harness would be safer. https://www.lupinepet.com/

That's really helpful! I take her out 3 times a day: In the AM (which is nearly impossible because she's still asleep ZZzzz), before dinner, and before bed time -- sometimes, I can run home for lunch and take her out, but even then, I have to DRAG her out.

OP
7oniarc

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
Thank you... And the pic of your pup is :heart:

OP
7oniarc

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
Another question:

I am trying to learn her body language and I find that she at times looks sad, or uncomfortable.
Attached is a snapshot from the Nest Cam I got to keep an eye on her.
Bulldog looks Sad.jpg

And then she'll be sitting next to me, dozing off, but still sitting, and her eyes are getting heavy, LOOOL, and shell be half sitting like in the second pic with her paws tucked underneath her.

I always wondered if she's comfortable or in pain and I am not doing anything to help her = ( 1-24-2018 2-11-06 PM.jpg

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Thank you!

Yes, she has a harness but she does not want to walk down the hall, to the elevators, so we can go down to the ground floor and go outside... she won't do it. If I leave her, she will just sleep all day. And yes, I've used treats, she loves string cheese, but as someone here said, they are smart dogs. She won't budge unless I give her a treat for every two steps she takes.

But some days she's ready to go out. She doesn't tell me when, I just have to watch her and sometimes just make a guess, and often times I will come up to her to put her harness on, and she just runs the other way, like "I don't wanna go!"

Is this crazy or what?

AND: How often does your Bulldog go out?

This is my situation as well. We live in an apartment building and Moose will not walk out of the apartment to the elevator. He is 16 weeks old. Typically I have to carry him because if I have to lure him with treats he will just stop and pee in the hallway. When we go outside, I put him down to pee then he just stands there and stares and walks when he is ready. Although, I'll admit coming back upstairs is a lot easier.
This morning I decided to feed him outside so he ran no problem from the apartment to the elevator. I may try this for a couple of days and see if it improves. I am trying to make outside enjoyable for him. Apart from being lazy and stubborn, the cold temps. in the East Coast don't help either. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Another question:

I am trying to learn her body language and I find that she at times looks sad, or uncomfortable.
Attached is a snapshot from the Nest Cam I got to keep an eye on her.
View attachment 110562

And then she'll be sitting next to me, dozing off, but still sitting, and her eyes are getting heavy, LOOOL, and shell be half sitting like in the second pic with her paws tucked underneath her.

I always wondered if she's comfortable or in pain and I am not doing anything to help her = ( View attachment 110563

She is BEAUTIFUL, but I am totally partial to white and brindle/brown babies! Could just eat her up!

In these pictures is she home alone? She may be bored or missing her human... does she have a crate?

OP
7oniarc

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
She is BEAUTIFUL, but I am totally partial to white and brindle/brown babies! Could just eat her up!

In these pictures is she home alone? She may be bored or missing her human... does she have a crate?

I haven't crated her in a year. She is home alone, but I try my best to go home for Lunch as I work 15min away (by car). It breaks my heart seeing her body language like that :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I haven't crated her in a year. She is home alone, but I try my best to go home for Lunch as I work 15min away (by car). It breaks my heart seeing her body language like that :(

It would break my heart too.... try a crate, leave the door open to it so she can come and go as she wishes -- sometimes they just love their 'den'.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh she is so pretty!! And isnt this the best place ever!! I tell ya, i would have been lost without it as though i've had many breeds of dogs through life, I've never had a bulldog. and WOW! the things they do and are are beyond any other!!! lol To me, your girl just looks sleepy in the pics. My Hank, even when under a year old would just sleep whenever home alone. Never wanted to chew up stuff or anything. When im home (im retired so home most of the time with him) he's a nutcase. I just think he adapts well to 'what it is' at the time. And as much as hank LOVES LOVES LOVES to go out and about for walks etc.. He still almost always begrudges leaving the property until a few feet away and then is happy as a lark. I think agoraphobia is part of their nature, but with time, they learn that 'out there' is a good thing. Mine is very active though so may be different.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN. By all means peruse this site and there will be answers to many questions or do like you did and someone will chime in and hopefully answer your question(s). Dinah is a pretty girl.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
New Bulldog mama here... View attachment 110546 I mean, really, look at her!!! MUAH-- LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Sorry -- back!

questions:

1)What's up with bulldog chin acne? It always comes back at the same spot, and if anyone has any recommendations? (Yes I've been to the vet, and they gave us fancy shampoo)
2)Is it normal for a Bulldog to act out in spurts? playing one minute and then asleep and snoring the next?
3) Bulldog throw up: Should I panic, or does this happen every now and then?
4) She HATES to walk, even if it means to go out and potty (We live in a building) so walking to get outside is a must. Any tips?

Thank you All in advance.

XOXO
View attachment 110547
Totally Adorable[emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.