Do you always see the same doctor at the vet?

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'd prefer it if Delilah only saw one vet..buuuut I'm kind of bad about taking appointments that fit in with my schedule. REALLY hard to fit anything in when I go to school full time and have a job.

When I worked at a vet clinic, Delilah saw the two vets there...but we knew both of them well and they both knew her history and would talk to each other about her, so it was fine.

I recently switched because I quit that job to take a higher paying one, and couldn't afford the fees there without my discount.

So, at the vet I go to now there is I think four doctors..we see one of two each time we go. It's usually the same one though.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
I take gregory to a bulldog vet about 45 min drive from where we live, its totally worth it. We see the same doctor every time, he is amazing. His dad was a vet and when he retired he took over the practice. He works split shifts so he can accommodate alot of peoples schedules. I had a really bad experience with my first dog (a shih tzu named gertrude) she kept getting chronic ear infections and the vet clinic we use to go to would have a different doctor there each time. The first one would say, its happening because the hair in her ears, pluck it out. Then the next would say no no thats whats causing it you shouldnt pluck it. I pretty much paid them to contradict each other and keeping me coming back. Lesson learned, Im sticking to one vet.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
We have been to a couple Vets who just arent Bully savvy so now we always see Dr Johnson. Im kinda of lucky because working with a rescue I know of a network of good Bully Vets. I wouldnt hesitate to see one of them if for some reason our Vet wasnt available.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We try to see one vet when Belly has to go...on emergencies it's not always possible. I don't care for the other vets at the practice we go to. We also have a mobile vet come over when she is available.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We always see the same vet. Well, we saw a different guy once but I wasn't crazy about him. He was nice and everything, but you know. The vet we see may not "specialize" in bulldogs but her sister has bulldogs so she is more knowledgeable than some others. Plus, there is a vet tech I love. She has had 4 bulldogs and still has one :). LOVE THEM!

Members online

No members online now.