Bulldog Home alone

haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
My 8 year old EB sleeps all day. He can go 12-14 hrs or maybe longer without having to go outside, he's just always been that way. I work from home so whenever he wants to go out, he lets me know. Sometimes, I have to force him to go outside because he prefers to sleep all day. But in the evening, we usually play with him a bunch to get him exercise. When we got our EB puppy a few months ago, now he's more interested in going out with the puppy. In any case, I think there are just some breeds that handle being left alone better than others. My Rottweilers used to be home all day when I used to work from the office and they were great. But when we got home, it was play time. I don't think you need to feel bad, your EB will be just fine.

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I think that is long too. I would recommend a dog walker or sitter. I'm gone 7:30 - 4:30. My husband use to be home with him all day, but passed away three years ago, so my mom comes over once a day to let him out to use the bathroom and sun himself for about 30 minutes. It gives me such great peace of mind. On my longer day, she just comes in the morning when she is ready and takes him back to her house until I get off work. Luckily for me, she loves him as much as I do. I did look into a daycare and that would be my next option. If you can figure something out, I'm sure your baby would appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.