Ollie’s Trip to the Dog Park

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Ollie has been very antsy the past few days...constantly barking at the two sissy boys trying to get them to play with him, getting down in begging to play position, ate my pair of shoes I bought to replace the shoes Daphne chewed up (not my fault, my daughter was babysitting him) and so on.
We decided to bite the bullet and try the dog park we said we’d never go to again.

We went at an off time. The old people gossip brigade wasn’t there. That was a good thing. There were 2 beagles (they kept busy trying to climb and howling at squirrels up in a tree) 2 huge golden retrievers (they only played with each other) and a gorgeous one year old blue eyed Catahoula Cattle Dog named Gunner. There are a lot of Catahoulas here in Florida. Lots of them work the cattle ranches where we live. Ollie and Gunner hit it right off. Little fatso short legged Ollie ran and ran after with and under Gunner. I worried a bit about Ollie because he tried so hard to keep up with Gunner that his feet got tangled up and he’d do somersaults rolling *** over tea kettle. Some times when Gunner did did a quick swerve left or right Ollie would try to swerve fast and he’d topple over on his side. Do you all think this is just normal six month old fat boy incoordination? Gunner is very tall lean and lanky and runs like the wind.
It was very coldish, low sixties so I didn’t worry about Ollie overheating. He really was stellar. He did get muddy from running and tumbling so much. He came home, ate and went to bed quickly thereafter. He slept like a rock.
It was a great great dog park trip.

5070660f63073ab6e1471a59f42417fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So cool!!! Good for you to have tried it. Ollie will never keep up with a Gunner but on the other hand keeps Ollie moving...that's what counts.... He's still a pup dont forget. They have tons of energy that goes up n down. Why he crashed lol Duke moves a lot more now that 2 months ago n so much stronger. Nyala is finally getting her money's worth as we say. Make sure you keep your leash not too far so if it gets rough at least you can always clip on Oillie for a little break. Start a couple times a week and build it up as he's still a pup. Glad you guys had a great park day!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great trip... I hope you got their info and planned another meet up!

All Ollie's rolls and tumbles are typical bulldog 'grace'

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy that Ollie (and you) had a good trip to the dog park! You chose the right time,for sure. Maybe Ollie and the "Cat" can make a playdate,since they got along so well.
There are alot of Catahoula's here,too(lots of cattle).p.s. Much rather have a picture of Ollie!:yes:

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
That's great to hear!!
I had Bella at the dog park today with my daughters rottie. There was about 5 other dogs there that all Got along great! It is fun to see them all running around together. Then a 6 month old Boston came in that Bella was very interested in but me being the big scardie cat I took Bella out in fear she would hurt the little guy. I really wish she had take. Him to the small dog part :( he was a cutie for sure though.
Bella was exhausted anyway fell asleep in the car in a couple of minutes.

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
Glad Ollie had a good time at the dog park. Ozzie has brothers and sisters to pay with although he is the smallest one. He has 2 Rottie brothers 2 Bullmastiff sisters and a Rottie sister.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Happy that Ollie (and you) had a good trip to the dog park! You chose the right time,for sure. Maybe Ollie and the "Cat" can make a playdate,since they got along so well.
There are alot of Catahoula's here,too(lots of cattle).p.s. Much rather have a picture of Ollie!:yes:

all dogs are amazing Gods creations, but for us, bulldog lovers, Catahoulas look...eeer...a bit weird:D there is something wrong with their faces ( they are long) and tails (they are long) and legs (they are, again, long)! So, we rather ask for Ollie pictures:yes:

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Yeah, I'd bet Ollie has no problem at all finding someone who can play just as rough as he wants.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
all dogs are amazing Gods creations, but for us, bulldog lovers, Catahoulas look...eeer...a bit weird:D there is something wrong with their faces ( they are long) and tails (they are long) and legs (they are, again, long)! So, we rather ask for Ollie pictures:yes:

Speaking of the Catahoulas...a few weeks ago 2 Catahoulas, foaming at the mouth, wearing collars similar to Ollie’s fence collar came flying down our road and into our yard. They jumped into our pond and dove into the conservation preserve on the other side. We could hear the barking, howling and thrashing through the saw palmetto and swampy area. Pretty soon two hunters came down the road following the dogs. They had some kind of radio type controllers. They were the wild hog trappers the neighborhood employs. They were electronically controlling the dogs to run some hogs into some traps. It was so cool to see those dogs working via the collars. As workers, EBDs don’t accomplish very much.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great Ollie found a friend! And thanks for posting the picture - I had never heard of that breed!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Speaking of the Catahoulas...a few weeks ago 2 Catahoulas, foaming at the mouth, wearing collars similar to Ollie’s fence collar came flying down our road and into our yard. They jumped into our pond and dove into the conservation preserve on the other side. We could hear the barking, howling and thrashing through the saw palmetto and swampy area. Pretty soon two hunters came down the road following the dogs. They had some kind of radio type controllers. They were the wild hog trappers the neighborhood employs. They were electronically controlling the dogs to run some hogs into some traps. It was so cool to see those dogs working via the collars. As workers, EBDs don’t accomplish very much.

DEAREST MOM!

How dare you to say EBD don’t accomplish very much?!! We work so hard every day sawing serious wood ( sleeping and snoring), we saw/chew moms shoes and bags, we help you cleaning the house barking at vacuum cleaner, we keep away mowers and gardeners with barking, we fertilise your lawn and, most important, keep you happy unlike any other breed with our extreme cuteness ( divine beauty of face, all rolls of fat etc) , slobbery kisses, onset’s of zoomies etc! Mom, you are unfair!

Other dogs have to demonstrate some skills, because they look...well they look like dogs...but we, bulldogs, are so gorgeous, incomparable and self sufficient in our immaculate beauty, that just owning us and having a privilege to kiss our flat snout must make our parents over the top happy!

We hope for your apologies, you can offer them in a form of pound steak.

Your dearest son Ollie and brother from another mother Tank.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have thought about taking Chunky to the local dog park but I am not sure how he would react to other peoples dogs. He gets along fine with the big dogs in the neighborhood but has only been off leash with one of them and she runs faster than him so its just him chasing her and her chasing whatever toy her owner or I throw.

Little dogs all try attacking him so he has stayed on leash around them. My sister who live about 1.5 hours away just got an American Bulldog pup and i thought about taking him there to play sometime. I am not sure the dogs breed is correct after looking at pictures though

BjzR6xt.jpg
[/IMG]

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I’m sure Chunky will treat other dogs like a British gentleman! Calm and with a pinch of salt:D yeah, doggie doesn’t look like American bulldog, probably some pit bull mix, but very cute though!

Members online

No members online now.