My dog ate an advil

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hey guys so I was about to take an Advil and accidentally dropped it. Nacho went and ate it and now I'm super worried. It's a 200 my pill[emoji20]

Should I take him to the vet?? Help!

Edit***

I ended up taking him to the vet. They forced him to throw up and he's doing well! He's home resting now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe..... just curios did the vet say it was necessary for one Advil?
My son works for a vet so he knew to give Bella some peroxide to make her throw up when she got into his allergy pills (we weren't sure how many).
I bet that was an expensive vet bill in the middle of the night :(. I wish I would have seen It I could have told you how to make him throw up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad all is OK ... whew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad to hear everything is okay!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awe..... just curios did the vet say it was necessary for one Advil?
My son works for a vet so he knew to give Bella some peroxide to make her throw up when she got into his allergy pills (we weren't sure how many).
I bet that was an expensive vet bill in the middle of the night :(. I wish I would have seen It I could have told you how to make him throw up.
I

How much, which kind, do you mix it etc.... good to keep on hand :yes:

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I

How much, which kind, do you mix it etc.... good to keep on hand :yes:

It's a teaspoon per 10 pounds of dog weight and you can add a little bit of vanilla to make it taste better. My son did not add that, I wasn't home when they had to do it. And it was just peroxide that I had in the house.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17431]nachothebulldog[/MENTION] Glad that Nacho is okay! All of mine could be sound asleep,but if I drop something(even a pill) they come flying, and I must quickly get it before they do! I know they are fast, when they want to be :rundog::bully:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Glad to hear Nacho's ok ! In future- There's no point in getting dog to vomit if it's been more than 2 hr since he swallowed pill. If dog doesn't throw up after taking the 3% peroxide ( not the stronger hair bleach ) mixed with ice cream for taste then he has to go to vet right away.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
On the rare occasion that we have to make a bully puke we use a syringe like in this pic and give about 50cc at a time. Squirted into their mouth they usually swallow it right down. Every time I've done it they seem to like the taste and drink it right up. For every 50cc squirted in about half that drips out so make sure you do it outside. After 3 or so 50cc doses turn them loose in the yard. The peroxide foams up in their belly and they'll puke up the contents every time.

syringe.jpg

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
P.S the vomiting will persist for several hours. Don't bring them back in after the first episode.
know from experience.

also there is a 1-800 pet poision control number, I have it on my emergency phone list at home.
when I get home tonight, I'll post it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.