cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm truly loving my little one like crazy but at the same time, he loves to nip and nip and nip! especially my toes and the hems of my pj pants. i say a firm "no bite!" then give him a chew toy and say, "yes bite". i find myself doing this A LOT! it seems to work for a little while, then he'll "test" me and we start all over again.

what have you guys done to stop the nipping and biting? i'm trying to be consistent and persistent with this b/c obviously, i don't want him biting anyone.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
007.jpgoh, and here are pics i took of Tate:
015.jpg

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Those pictures are darling!!! Feet are fun because they move and have a great smell (to dogs). Sounds like you are doing the right thing, maybe add a yelp like Tate is hurting you. They do grow out of this stage but some take longer than others!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aawww .. he is just too cute!!:luv:

Consistency is the key ... you just have to keep doing the same thing over and over again!! Eventually he will grow out of it!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
A frozen wet wash cloth works, numbs the teething part, other than that all the above information. and this to shall pass! lol

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
I looked up a hundred different things to try to get Brodie to stop biting my pants legs and hands. The only thing that worked, for a while, was put pennies in an empty coke can and shake it once when he would bite and say "no bite" I only had to actually shake the can twice. When he would look like he would bite again I would say "no bite" and he wouldn't do it. But now after about a month of him not biting at all he starting up a little again. LOL so not sure exaclty how well that worked.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If it worked once, then I would try the can again ... he's probably forgotton about it and now is teething which is why he's started to bite again. I would certainly give the coins in a can another chance!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]--i just gave him a frozen washcloth and he liked it for a little while...will keep trying...

[MENTION=2121]melanieian[/MENTION]--i'm trying the coins in a jar technique right now and he looked so started when i rattled the coins. i guess that's the whole idea?it seems to be working for now. i just don't want to scare him :*(. I did it twice just now and he backed away and now he's fast asleep!:yes:

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
LOL...yea I know that is why once I got his attention with it I didn't do it anymore. I tried soooo many different things. Good luck :) keep us updated and if you try anything else that works let me know!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.