Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am So Upset

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daphne
    Likes (Received)

Default I Am So Upset

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Considering it could have been much worse(Ollie didn't get to the bag portion), I think you got lucky. Very good that they can repair the strap and get you back to 100%. BTW, that's a really nice bag. I showed it to Sandy and she responded with, "ooooooo, nice bag, what happened to the strap?" Read the thread..."Oh my God, I'd be in tears!"
    I have never ever bought an expensive designer bag before. As I said, and I was not exaggerating, every time I went to the mall, I lusted over that bag, but knew it was entirely decadent and wasteful to get it. This was the third year Christmas shopping, I tried it on and hemmed and hawed and put it back. And then my husband and daughter went shopping and it was my Christmas present. I feel guilty about it, but I do love it.

Ollie was a really bad boy. It was only on the chair about five minutes. He also removed and chewed a kick plate in one of the bathrooms. Have to go to Home Depot or Lowe’s to replace that. Bulldogs seem to be chewers. I’ve never had chewers before. He’s my Love Bug, but he’s pushing his luck with the chewing thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I Am So Upset

I feel your pain. I would have cried! It's not Monty that does things like this though, it is my wretched cat! He will seriously chew on any bag handle he can find and has done a number on several of my handbags. I have to be really careful where I put them, as of course, he can jump!
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG View Post
    I have never ever bought an expensive designer bag before. As I said, and I was not exaggerating, every time I went to the mall, I lusted over that bag, but knew it was entirely decadent and wasteful to get it. This was the third year Christmas shopping, I tried it on and hemmed and hawed and put it back. And then my husband and daughter went shopping and it was my Christmas present. I feel guilty about it, but I do love it.

Ollie was a really bad boy. It was only on the chair about five minutes. He also removed and chewed a kick plate in one of the bathrooms. Have to go to Home Depot or Lowe’s to replace that. Bulldogs seem to be chewers. I’ve never had chewers before. He’s my Love Bug, but he’s pushing his luck with the chewing thing.

So happy the bag can be repaired.

as for thr chewing... he may be bored .. cna he run in run now that the electric fence is in place, maybe throw a tennis ball for a few minutes a day
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

When mine were younger, if anyone was "missing" I had to check right away-or if things were too quiet! Having had dogs all my life, I am trained to not leave anything chewable or "swallowable" around. They do not chew anymore(they have a toybox full of nylabones) but I still worry about possibly swallowing something,like maybe a glove! Of course, I have nothing WORTH chewing!! That could be the reason they don't!! So happy for you Dana, that your beautiful purse can be repaired!
    Bullies teach us not to be careless!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The cat did it! Tell mommy Ollie.

6. Likes 1Chumly liked this post
    Feed Store Operator
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiger - Ty
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I had a german Shepherd years ago that I THOUGHT was a chewer, she nibbled on a couple of wooden patio chairs...........NNNNNNOOOOOOO she wasn't a chewer, ty is a chewer,
    since we've had him we've had the cable TV guy out twice because he chewed the wires coming into the house, he's totally destroyed 2 wireless phones, completely chewed through the wrungs on 4 wooden porch rockers, two deck planters, the step coming into the backdoor, and the tail light wiring on the boat trailer.
    He has all kinds of chew toys, kong, a couple of jolly toys.
    I hated to do it but I finally had to put hot sauce on the legs of the patio furniture.
    OH, and BTW, that was just the outside damage. I could make another list of inside damage.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Clermont View Post
    I had a german Shepherd years ago that I THOUGHT was a chewer, she nibbled on a couple of wooden patio chairs...........NNNNNNOOOOOOO she wasn't a chewer, ty is a chewer,
    since we've had him we've had the cable TV guy out twice because he chewed the wires coming into the house, he's totally destroyed 2 wireless phones, completely chewed through the wrungs on 4 wooden porch rockers, two deck planters, the step coming into the backdoor, and the tail light wiring on the boat trailer.
    He has all kinds of chew toys, kong, a couple of jolly toys.
    I hated to do it but I finally had to put hot sauce on the legs of the patio furniture.
    OH, and BTW, that was just the outside damage. I could make another list of inside damage.
    Oh No!!!!
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Dog Show Judge
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Bella's list dining room chair rungs (all but one), sandals (to many to count), things that are left on a nightstand or end table like pens, cups, combs, scissors, lottery ticket (only a winning one btw, thank goodness it was only a $5), other items around the house like toilet paper rolls, my sons favorite Yankee hat brand new or unopened reams of paper (3-4 of the corners which make the paper no good for copying anymore)
    No wires as of yet anyway or that we have noticed. Like I said not anything too expensive. lol
    Oh I forgot a few Christmas presents. Just the paper though. Lol

10. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Default I Am So Upset

Glad they can repair It! What kind of chew toys do you have for Ollie and how old is he? Frans chewing gets better as she gets older. I’ve personally got a minor Gucci addiction so i keep EVERYTHING out of her reach. She also loves chewing box corners, remotes, my children’s belongings, flip flops, pencils, one time i caught her chewing a thumb tack (thank god i caught her and she wasn’t hurt) paper clips, and she’s been sneaking in my closet to chew a cable wire lately. We keep those big naylabones (May of spelled that wrong) antlers, kong toys and all kinds of stuff for her to get out her chewing frustrations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daphne
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megskee View Post
    Glad they can repair It! What kind of chew toys do you have for Ollie and how old is he? Frans chewing gets better as she gets older. I’ve personally got a minor Gucci addiction so i keep EVERYTHING out of her reach. She also loves chewing box corners, remotes, my children’s belongings, flip flops, pencils, one time i caught her chewing a thumb tack (thank god i caught her and she wasn’t hurt) paper clips, and she’s been sneaking in my closet to chew a cable wire lately. We keep those big naylabones (May of spelled that wrong) antlers, kong toys and all kinds of stuff for her to get out her chewing frustrations

Ollie has it all...Nyla Bones, a huge $30 antler, Kong’s of every shape and size and his favorite chewy, a piece of about 2” in diameter PVC pipe about 8” long that is painted the exterior color of our house. I have an idea it’s part of the pool equip or pool solar panels but we can’t figure out where it came from. He has also eaten about a half of pickup truck load of very large pine bark nuggets.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megskee View Post

Try raw frozen marrow bones... keep her busy for hours! And, when done, you can fill with peanut butter freeze and give as a treat another day. I keep them around all the time and the boys LOVE them
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG View Post
    Ollie has it all...Nyla Bones, a huge $30 antler, Kong’s of every shape and size and his favorite chewy, a piece of about 2” in diameter PVC pipe about 8” long that is painted the exterior color of our house. I have an idea it’s part of the pool equip or pool solar panels but we can’t figure out where it came from. He has also eaten about a half of pickup truck load of very large pine bark nuggets.

Fran likes to scout for rabbit poop in our backyard. 🤢

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads