Weathertech Floorliners for back of car

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
Do they really keep hair and all that from the carpet underneath? Is it worth the expense or am I just as good covering everything with quilts.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Probably better off with the WTech mat. Hair can(and will) get under the edges but will not get through the mat. Quilts, blankets, etc. can get bunched up and pushed to the side exposing the carpet to infestation of hair. We have mats in all of our cars and put Beach towels on top, purely for comfort and to minimize scratching of the plastic mat. In the car we use for transport most we have a pet cargo cover.
https://www.amazon.com/F-color-Waterproof-Protector-Non-slip-Universal/dp/B0755DRHSL/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1515520177&sr=8-8&keywords=pet+car+cargo

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! I may do both.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yep, agree with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] ;) I do have rubber mat in back of Subaru and one of those seat things for the back seat so he can do either. I also though still use the fabric kennel as well,, just seems safer and so easy to fold down. Still, i wouldnt use just the kennel without covering the seat with water proof liner.. New car ;)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Do they really keep hair and all that from the carpet underneath? Is it worth the expense or am I just as good covering everything with quilts.

I went to Home Depot a while ago and got this black vinyl floor cover which you get it cut to the size you want to fit in the back n bought them play floor mats n cut that too. They never came apart as they fit like a jigsaw puzzle. Easy to clean!!!!. I just pass the vacuum and use the hose if they are dirty. The blanket that covers the back seats/barrier is rubber material. GS sheds enormously, why I have a all leather suv lol...

Major back truck.jpg

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
Yes! I have a Black Range Rover and it keeps my most precious Rangers white fur from getting everywhere!! Definitely worth the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
new car here too Hankster.

Want to keep it as nice as we can for as long as we can.

Yep, agree with @oscarmayer ;) I do have rubber mat in back of Subaru and one of those seat things for the back seat so he can do either. I also though still use the fabric kennel as well,, just seems safer and so easy to fold down. Still, i wouldnt use just the kennel without covering the seat with water proof liner.. New car ;)

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I love this Old School Dropout, but I'm having trouble finding a liner for our Chevy Traverse that will go from the back of the second row of seats to the rear of the vehicle. :( I've written them to ask them how to locat them though. They are less expensive and got great reviews. HUGE thanks.

Check out - https://www.huskyliners.com

Fit better than WeatherTech, not as slippery (especially when wet) and not quite as expensive. amazon usually has the best prices for them.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
If you can get the Husky X-Act Contour to fit your vehicle it is without a doubt the best available. I have had both brands in a lot of vehicles since I trade way too often and the Husky x act contour are the best but the regular husky and weather tech mats are both nice also. I would look at pictures of whats available for your vehicle and get whichever one has the most coverage which is what i did for my new car and husky was what I purchased this time. I also bought a seat cover similar to what [MENTION=9218]Oscar[/MENTION]meyer posted above to cover the area between the from and back seats. I bought it off of amazon and got a cheap one this time just to see how it will work and will get a better brand next time. It hangs between the front and back seats from the head rest creating a hammock. Look on autoanything.com they usually have a lot of options for you to look at specifically for your vehicle

Pet Travel - Huge Selection & FREE SHIPPING!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.