Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi All
Happy New Year.

My Red has been eating Stella & Chewy Raw Blend Red meat recipe for months now and his tear stains went away with this food. In the last couple weeks the tearing has started up again and he is back to licking his paws.

I'm also using Zertec.

Just wondering if I need to keep changing his food or if it could possibly be environmental allergies causing this. He also rolls around and scratches his back.

I live in California and we are just now starting to get rain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it could be environmental, but sometimes it can take a few weeks/ months for a food to bother the pet.... the red meat flavor has many proteins in it and maybe one does not agree with him

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Maybe try a food that is only 1 protein? It is easier to detect an issue that way.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Agree with all above. Also try switching antihistamines - loratidine 0.12 mg to 0.22 mg for every pound dog weights once daily for example.

Also try a different brand other than Stella and Chewys to vary it up even more.

OP
S

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Thank you I actually have tried many foods and this one seemed to be working real well until a couple weeks ago

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.