Lately.......

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, lately I've strayed a lot from the General Bulldog Talk topic.
So I'm a wondering....would an open topic (within good taste) thread to just
say hello or check up on sight friends and share thoughts minus the three
start fight topics.......Religion........Politics.....and sex preference....be a wanted thing on this sight........or am I the only one for it?:confused:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
There is a general not bulldog talk "page" a bit further down in the forum listing.

L

Lucy-licious

Sounds ok with me:) a general chat about our dogs and their antics.
I'll start by sayin Lucy is driving me potts today:crazy: she wants a hug...she doesnt want a hug.
She wants to play ball...she doesnt want to play ball.
She wants to go potty...oh no mum I changed my mind now you got up and trapsed through the house to open the door :angel:
No mum you sat back down with your paperwork....I wanna go peee noooow mummy...ooops I did pee mummy on the kitchen floor, sorry :eek:

She's been like this all week since she got her 1st season, I've been a good mummy so far and hugged her lots...you know I understand I'm a nightmare when its my turn...or so my husband says :busted:
But come on its just over a week already when is my good little girl coming back :crazy:
And if she brings tbat damn smelly, sticky,slimy lammy and plonks it on my knee one more time I might just upset her applecart and put it in the washing machine :whistle::evil::whistle:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] what a good mum you are! :whew: [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] I agree just throw anything in the non bulldog talk area you want but yes we should always avoid those 3 topics or this forum will end up with some unneccesary drama that I know nobody wants. lol

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
true [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] , most of those are "touchy" subjects with the majority :eek:

I agree just throw anything in the non bulldog talk area you want but yes we should always avoid those 3 topics or this forum will end up with some unneccesary drama that I know nobody wants. lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes a "how are you all doing today?" thread can be posted in Not bulldog talk, the members only board, or 4 paw members board. Now a "How are you and your bully doing today?" could certainly go into general bulldog talk :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
A lot of visitors come to the site for information and do not join, although we wish they would. These people are looking for something and that is why the site is divided into categories. If you look you will find a place for just about any thread to be placed. Respect and consideration for others is what keeps this site welcoming to all. As long as the general guidelines are followed it will remain to be successful and a pleasant experience to all that come here.

L

Lucy-licious

hmmm :confused: sorry I think I really missed something here :eek:
i thought [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION]s intention here was to start a thread about general whats happening with the dogs today hence above post :lol:
now I feel a bit of a plumb cos I have missed something, not difficult.

I guess watever has been said recently has touched a few nerves and also made Mike nervous about having unintentionally upset someone.
I agree that there are subjects that should not be touched for obvious reasons Religion, Beliefs, and politics are always going to cause problems.

in general this site is very well laid out. I for one love that I dont get told off for posting pics in none pic forums, a question in the wrong part of the forum.
That is why I stayed here in this US based site where I have made friends whome I am never likely to meet, as opposed to one in the UK
where i posted a pic of Lucy in a welcome I'm new thread and got such a hand slapping for it...needless to say I moved on.

there are lots of members and none members visiting daily to catch up on the latest news about our dogs.
or find somthing they need to know out and believe me from experience it is an easy forum to search.
there are new members joining daily :D so [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and the moderators are def doing something right.

anyway I'm not sure what I missed and am not sure I want to but please dont change the welcome feel this forum has by getting caught up in this goes here and that goes there.
Its great here just the way it is :luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree 100%!!!

If I noticed something is posted in the wrong forum, I will move it, but there is never going to be any hand slapping for it lol!! Mainly the only reason I would move one is if it is a health topic to ensure others can find it easily. Otherwise I really don't pay no mind :) When a thread is moved it changes the URL so then it is esentially 'reset' by search engines and we don't want that anyway. Although we have an extensive list of rules here it is specifically for keeping the positive attitude here at EBN, and we have the greatest, kindest, funnest group of bully lovers in the world! I must say I am proud of our group and brag about you all day long. It would be very hard to change that- unless everyone changes their personalities!

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell actually.......it's some what my fault again. You see.......I'm not much of a scroller........sooooooooo.........I never noticed the other than bulldog topic even existed all the way down further on the thread list on my screen format, because I have my screen set at 125% so that I can read at a glance without having to squint my eyes. That's the price you pay for getting old......But anyways...... now I know.
Have a great day!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
This is a very friendly site, especially for those of us who are slow learners! What is the age range of members? This site is "senior friendly" and should be advertised as such! Thanks to all of you for doing such a good job.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] ....... When do we start getting our senior discount here????? :LMAO::LMAO::angel:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Good idea @ BruceP! Senior discounts and Medicare are the best things about getting old! We talked to an agent about long term care insurance today. He's doing a work-up on cost + benefits; this is something we should have done 15 years ago.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.