Bulldog puppy teeth

Rumblebee2475

Oct 20, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy and Bentley
Our English Bulldog is about four months old. One of his 'Canine' tooth is very loose and it feels like he should lose it any day. I noticed it was loose yesterday when he had blood on his toy and I looked in his mouth. Now I just looked at it again and towards the top of his mouth that tooth is greyish-black... Is this something we should be concerned about? Help!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Not too worry! Your pup is the age where they start to lose the puppy teeth. A little blood is probably from the loose tooth. Usually lose teeth from 4 months to 6/7 months, and get their permanent teeth. [MENTION=17706]Rumblebee2475[/MENTION]

OP
R

Rumblebee2475

Oct 20, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy and Bentley
Not too worry! Your pup is the age where they start to lose the puppy teeth. A little blood is probably from the loose tooth. Usually lose teeth from 4 months to 6/7 months, and get their permanent teeth. [MENTION=17706]Rumblebee2475[/MENTION]

Why would it be a dark greyish-black towards the top by the gum though?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Absolutely normal! For tooth to fall out, special biological program decreases blood supply to puppy tooth, and it dies and falls out. This grey colour is normal. As soon tooth will fall out, new tooth will show in couple of days and gum will become pink again. No worries!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Absolutely normal! For tooth to fall out, special biological program decreases blood supply to puppy tooth, and it dies and falls out. This grey colour is normal. As soon tooth will fall out, new tooth will show in couple of days and gum will become pink again. No worries!
[MENTION=17706]Rumblebee2475[/MENTION] ^^^^ agreed with above

Most Reactions