When the wind blows the sand on the beach can hurt their eyes...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We’re getting MINI ready for our week at Oak Island NC. First time we’ve been there in the Winter. She and Lala will be doing some cold weather fishing with us.

71A2471F-7099-4D77-AAE4-49E73014042F.jpeg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
adorable pic and ya know what, i hadnt thought of that! i had doggles for my shih tzus for when we were riding my scoot, but didt think of sand issues at the beach. I've been a few times whre the wind did pick up so thanks :) pluss, these guys look awful cute in them ;)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We’re getting MINI ready for our week at Oak Island NC. First time we’ve been there in the Winter. She and Lala will be doing some cold weather fishing with us.

View attachment 109979

Looks like a port-a-potty to me or is that the new boat with special seats for bodily evacuation?

Merry Christmas.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We’ve been watching the forecasted temps and OI is in for a dip in the temps in the upcoming week. 60s on Tues then falling throughout the week to upper 30s for the highs. That’s a little lower than normal. Traditionally, freezing temps are a rarity.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Looks like a port-a-potty to me or is that the new boat with special seats for bodily evacuation?

Merry Christmas.

That's a Bailey chair for Mini, because she has megaesophagus. Chip did an incredible job with Mini, hand building her Bailey chairs as she got bigger, and now she's an incredible, sweet Bully.

Just curious Chip, do you bring along gelatin squares for her to get extra water when she travels ?

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just curious Chip, do you bring along gelatin squares for her to get extra water when she travels ?
She gets Knox blox with every meal. Unfortunately, she does not get them on the road because they would just come right back up. Unless she sits in the chair for 30 minutes after eating or drinking she’ll regurge. If she’s out when it’s hot or she’s especially active we’ll give her water in her chair with her “up time”. Poor girl stays thirsty all the time it seems...but really not. We have to be very mindful of her fluid intake and activity level.
We used to have to take the water bowl up whenever she was out with the other dogs but now she’s learned that the water bowl is not for her. She gives it a wide berth when walking by it. She’s a smart one.

Knox Blox ready to go...

CE1764AB-C96E-4C76-A754-93D61A09CBE5.jpeg

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Merry Christmas.
That’s the Bailey chair. I thought it was going to be the last one. The height is good but MINI is filling out and it’s getting a little tight for her. I’ll be building one more it appears.
Nobody would want me building their boat, unless they really like to swim. A Porta Pott I could probably do. ��
Merry Christmas back to ya!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
She looks great in her doggles! We got a pair for Castor one summer as he seemed to be irritated by the sun. Turned out he found the doggles far more irritating which was a pity as he looked so incredibly cute in them. Happy fishing!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks might good in those Doggles.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 109979

She is one cool doggie!

Safe travels... enjoy your week

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.