Something that bothered me

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] Oh I totally agree with your comment about breeders...though I think Sarge's face is more trouble with Ahsoka licking it all the time. Which makes it damp and not dry. She loves to groom him. :rolleyes: Out of all our bulldogs...he has been the healthiest and not even an ear infection with him. His lines...are from long aged bulldogs as well. So I can only be hopeful that he carries on the torch so to speak. When you have his line living to be 11 and 12 yrs. old...That says something too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would have done the same thing as you did .. it's so difficult to stop yourself saying stuff when you have spent so long on this site and learnt so much!! You just want to spread the word!!!

Your boss is now going into this with her eyes wide open .. and on the plus side, if it is an english bulldog mix then maybe he won't have a lot of the more common english bulldog health problems!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Don't second guess yourself...you did the right thing! A lot of the English Bulldogs we see in the shelters are because the owner didn't realize that the breed required so much care when they got them...they thought oh, they're so cute! People get these dogs, then find out how much work and money they take and they finally decide that they don't want to deal with it or the poor animal gets so bad that it needs more care than they can give.
You were right to inform her before she gets the dog...sometimes, it's not enough that a english bullie has a home. They need the love the care the medical attention and more!!!

Members online

No members online now.