Thread: Something that bothered me

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Something that bothered me

@Alice Kable I have to agree...not all are the same maintenance...Where Tank's facial wrinkles never seem to be bothersome anymore...he has a tail pocket...Sarge doesn't have the tail pocket...but a deep nose rope. Each has their "own" quarks that need addressed. Sarge by far has been the healthiest bulldog to date in our home. Tank's face rarely ever needs cleaned...Sarge on the other hand...NOT the case.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I would have done the same thing! I hope everything works out and she will be a great bully mama!!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

So true @cadillactaste each Bulldog has different needs. There are breeders out there who breed for health and temperment, and their dogs will usually be lower maintenance!

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@Alice Kable Oh I totally agree with your comment about breeders...though I think Sarge's face is more trouble with Ahsoka licking it all the time. Which makes it damp and not dry. She loves to groom him. Out of all our bulldogs...he has been the healthiest and not even an ear infection with him. His lines...are from long aged bulldogs as well. So I can only be hopeful that he carries on the torch so to speak. When you have his line living to be 11 and 12 yrs. old...That says something too.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

The rest of my zoo:

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I would have done the same thing as you did .. it's so difficult to stop yourself saying stuff when you have spent so long on this site and learnt so much!! You just want to spread the word!!!

Your boss is now going into this with her eyes wide open .. and on the plus side, if it is an english bulldog mix then maybe he won't have a lot of the more common english bulldog health problems!

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Just curious...any more talk of them getting a bulldog?

The rest of my zoo:

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

Don't second guess yourself...you did the right thing! A lot of the English Bulldogs we see in the shelters are because the owner didn't realize that the breed required so much care when they got them...they thought oh, they're so cute! People get these dogs, then find out how much work and money they take and they finally decide that they don't want to deal with it or the poor animal gets so bad that it needs more care than they can give.
    You were right to inform her before she gets the dog...sometimes, it's not enough that a english bullie has a home. They need the love the care the medical attention and more!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads