Not what I expected!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So we had to take Tubs to the vet today. We have been getting him weighed every month to make sure he gets the correct dosage of his heart worm meds. When I called to see if I could bring him in today I asked them if I could get his nails cut while we were there. He is getting too big and I can't do it myself anymore. When I got home from work to get him I noticed he was limping and yesterday when we went for a little walk I noticed a small patch on his back that looked like a rash. Instead of just a weigh in it ended up being a full vet visit.

Apparently my husband was playing a little too rough with him outside, thus the limp.
He doesn't have a small rash patch on his back, but rather a rash that goes all the way up his back to the top of his head.

He ended up getting a steroid shot incase the rash was the result of allergies and we were told to keep him a couch potatoe for the next couple of days to rest his paw that he was limping on.

He did well with getting his nails done and weighed in at 47 lbs (5 1/2 months old).

He has been doing well since we have been home, walking a little slower and sleeping, but he is ok.

The only thing I can't figure out is what is up with his farts! They have been horrible today and one right after the other! They were so out of control that the vet even commented on them!

Hopefully our baby boy is feeling better tomorrow! And smells a little bit....I mean A LOT better! :pray:

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks....he is actually partaking in his favorite pass time right now....sleeping!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Maybe the gass is from the shot he got. He is gonna be a big boy:heart: I tell you Scott does the same playing ruff with Mocha and I hate it, that is what we argue about:angry:

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Everyone is usually good with him, but when they get our of hand I have to remind them that he is still a baby! We came back in the house saying "Daddy it's all your fault, the vet said so!" :lol:

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I think he has an upset tummy too....his stool after dinner was soft. I did switch him to AvoDerm this week, but I weaned him off of the other and on to AvoDerm this week. Today was the first day he was on the AvoDerm 100%. I don't know if it has something to do with that or not. He was fine up until now. HMMMMMM

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It could be from the switch along with the stress of the leg getting hurt. The gas will pass! (no pun intended!)

I hope he feels better tomorrow xxoo

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Am I doing something wrong, Guinness only weighs 23 lbs at 5 months old and I see Tubs weighs 47lbs at 5 1/2???

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I tell you Scott does the same playing ruff with Mocha and I hate it, that is what we argue about:angry:

That makes 3 of us :angry: Dave likes to get Samson all excited about playing fetch and he will having jumping on and off our bed! Not good for bully hips/joints in general but particuraly worsesome for me because Samson broke his front leg when he was a baby! I am afraid of it getting injured again!

I hope Tubs starts feeling better soon! Poor baby!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. His gas was better this morning, but he was crying a little while I was getting ready for work. I felt so bad because I didn't know what was bothering him. I sat on the floor and gave him a massage and he was falling asleep while sitting up. I don't know if he was just worn out from the excitement yesterday.

As far as his weight! Daddy is a beast and our Tubs was the biggest and laziest one out of the litter. We brought him home at 11 weeks and he was 18lbs. A month later he doubled his weight! I think he is going to be just like his daddy! Oh and he was the wrinkliest too! :luv: He is going to be a BIG boy!

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Wow...he's going to be a HUGE bulldog when he's done growing! And I'm sure he's loving that the vet told him he needed to rest/sleep. That's one thing with this breed...they make an art of sleeping.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.