Shedding

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi everyone~

Lola is coming up to be about 6 months now and her shedding is driving me nuts!!! She has been on Fromm for about a month now and from what I heard this dog food is suppose to be amazing for her coat. I don't really know what is going on. Is this normal for a bully?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have bragged and bragged that we use a prescription shampoo from the vet that cut Vegas's shedding my 90%. It is an anti-fungal/yeast shampoo and I was amazed at the difference it made in him and it smelled good and made him soft. The last 3 weeks due to seasonal allergies and having fruit trees blooming in my back yard...and I just think the time of year, it has been in the 80's and higher for the last month, he is shedding BAD!!! I think it is the time of year.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
i do think it is the time of year cuz yesterday i was petting mugsy on my lap and when i got up i couldve made a blanket out of what was left.

Fridavito

May 18, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Frida and Vito
I haven't met a bully yet that doesn't shed. They shed all year, some seasons more then others. I sweep or vacuum daily and it never ends. I have a LOT of love for my fur babies and have learned to live with it. I bet I eat tons of dog hair a year. LOL

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], what is the name of the shampoo? Mocha sheds also. I always brush her and she is on great food, but she sheds!!I use an oatmeal based shampoo.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex sheds all the time as well and has been shedding an awful lot lately as well.. usually i vac about twice a day if i dont get a chance to vac the house at least once a day the floor will look like a fur coat between the bullie and our lab :eek: and they both get brushed at least once to twice a day

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Are you kidding? Got to blow out the inside of the computer often. My slippers seem to be a magnet for it. Instead of dust bunnies I have bulldog fur bunnies!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeell, a few things to control it a little........first in the spring (now) all animals will start loosing their winter coats.........sooooooo.......go to your rural Tractor Farm & Fleet Store.......spend about three to four bucks...........and buy a horses curry comb........(see picture) this really takes off all shedding hair and helps your dogs coat thin out for spring and summer. Second take your bulldogs for walks....some shedding is due to a lack of vitaminD which is found in sunlight. Thirdly......go to your grocery store and buy a bottle of Kayo Corn Syrup and add a couple of tablespoons to his dry dog food. This will cut down on allergies (which also causes shedding) because it cuts down the dust from the dog food......it also adds shine and strengh to hair of their coats by it's ingredients. The theory being....... stronger hair.......less shedding.
curry comb.jpg Duke loves being curry combed by this soft inexpensive all plastic comb. It really collects the hair........and since it's flexible plastic.......it's easy to clean the brush of it's collected hair.......and have at it again and again until you get no more hair off of your bulldog.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], what is the name of the shampoo? Mocha sheds also. I always brush her and she is on great food, but she sheds!!I use an oatmeal based shampoo.

[MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION], The shampoo really does not have a name on it, it is a white label saying it is a prescription from our vet, I just know when I need more I go in to our vet and tell them I need the anti-fungal/yeast shampoo, I swear it cut his shedding in more than half all winter long, now that it is spring he is shedding more but still not as much as before I started using the shampoo. He was really bad last week and I bathed him, I have noticed a big change and less shedding, but he is still shedding more than normal. The shampoo cost $12 for a big bottle, it does not lather hardly at all, you just wet him down, massage it in all over and I do mean massage it in, let it sit for 10 min. Then rinse real good. (again with the extra shedding.....I think it is just the time of year). I use this also to wash his face wrinkles in a diluted form daily and rinse and dry well.

L

Lucy-licious

I like the sound of the comb [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] our pet store sells something similar think I might go get one to day cos Lucy is loosing her winter coat too

OP
LolaLove

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks for all the info everyone. I guess for some reason I assumed bully's were not shedders. Boy was I wrong! :bust: Oh well! I love her so much I'll have to buy a new wardrobe. I LOVE to wear black but it's impossible to wear without walking out the door all hairy. LOL! She's worth it!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is probably really bad right now because he is blowing his winter coat in preparation for the warmer weather. A good dog food will help reduce shedding, that in combination with Salmon Oil, but some bullies just have more hair and shed more than others. Tidus is my shedder. His fur is REALLY soft, and super duper thick.... so everyday I must sweep up his line of fur in front of his bed in the morning. While my other 4 have hardly anything. It was really bad for all of them a few weeks ago, as it has already warmed up here in AZ.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.