Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shedding

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Shedding

I like the sound of the comb @Mike Blaylock our pet store sells something similar think I might go get one to day cos Lucy is loosing her winter coat too

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the info everyone. I guess for some reason I assumed bully's were not shedders. Boy was I wrong! :bust: Oh well! I love her so much I'll have to buy a new wardrobe. I LOVE to wear black but it's impossible to wear without walking out the door all hairy. LOL! She's worth it!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It is probably really bad right now because he is blowing his winter coat in preparation for the warmer weather. A good dog food will help reduce shedding, that in combination with Salmon Oil, but some bullies just have more hair and shed more than others. Tidus is my shedder. His fur is REALLY soft, and super duper thick.... so everyday I must sweep up his line of fur in front of his bed in the morning. While my other 4 have hardly anything. It was really bad for all of them a few weeks ago, as it has already warmed up here in AZ.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO thanks ! I think I ll ask at the vets for it. After reading Desertskybulldogs Im thinking maybe because we live in VT and its cold,that thats why she is shedding like this. She sheds more after her bath.
    LisaMarie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Ours are shedding a lot more now too ... and Spring is on it's way. In NE Ohio that means it's almost above freezing ...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel /- Dozer RIP
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for the great tips, we have a sweeper that is suppose to help with Pet Hair pick up, altho i think my slippers do a much better job lol... Diesel is starting to shed pretty bad also, i am assuming its because spring is " suppose " to be on its way ~ .. he isnt normally a bad shedder, but in the last week or so i have noticed its definately increased...

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    It is probably really bad right now because he is blowing his winter coat in preparation for the warmer weather. A good dog food will help reduce shedding, that in combination with Salmon Oil, but some bullies just have more hair and shed more than others. Tidus is my shedder. His fur is REALLY soft, and super duper thick.... so everyday I must sweep up his line of fur in front of his bed in the morning. While my other 4 have hardly anything. It was really bad for all of them a few weeks ago, as it has already warmed up here in AZ.
    @desertskybulldogs, I THOUGHT I was the ONLY one that had to sweep up a line of hair!! Especially behind his crate on my floor board, I pull his crate out and it has a perfect square of hair from where the crate has been, You know I am OCD as you are so I look for this. I have to take the attachment to my sweeper and suck up the line of hair! Not always, just the last month with the fruit trees blooming in my back yard he has been a mess!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads