SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
I recently switched my bully over from Hills Ideal Balance Chicken & Brown rice to FROMM Pork and Peas. He was having stomach issues a lot of gurgling in the morning and not wanting to eat, I thought it could be a chicken allergy which was part of the reason why I switched. After a week or so and still stomach gurgling someone suggested I feed him a bedtime snack to see if he was going too long without food. Seems to be working great, every night ill feed him a little bit more food and he will wake up feeling great! My question is now how do I divide up his meals into 3 instead of 2. He normally would get 3/4 cup at 6 am and 3/4 cup at 4pm just to watch his weight and make sure he doesn’t eat too much food. But now with me feeding him at 6, 4 then 8 ish I feel as if 1/4 cup for a meal Is not enough to satisfy him!
Anyone have suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I recently switched my bully over from Hills Ideal Balance Chicken & Brown rice to FROMM Pork and Peas. He was having stomach issues a lot of gurgling in the morning and not wanting to eat, I thought it could be a chicken allergy which was part of the reason why I switched. After a week or so and still stomach gurgling someone suggested I feed him a bedtime snack to see if he was going too long without food. Seems to be working great, every night ill feed him a little bit more food and he will wake up feeling great! My question is now how do I divide up his meals into 3 instead of 2. He normally would get 3/4 cup at 6 am and 3/4 cup at 4pm just to watch his weight and make sure he doesn’t eat too much food. But now with me feeding him at 6, 4 then 8 ish I feel as if 1/4 cup for a meal Is not enough to satisfy him!
Anyone have suggestions?

How old is you boy? Fromm is a high quality food so you would not feed as much depending on age.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He should get a total of 2 cups a day, but you could do 2 and 1/4 for a day. 1 cup, 1 cup , 1/4 cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
2 cups per day is what we feed our guys and that works for most Bulldogs. If you have an unusually large specimen or one that is VERY active then the added dose is just fine. How big is your bulldog?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree on the amount, just have to watch his weight as some don't require as much food as others. You can also feed the evening meal at 6 PM and he should be good for the rest of the night. We feed ours twice a day. Around 6:30 AM and 6 or 6:30 PM.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.