Soapbox time.........please read!!!!!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
I'd like to take this time to do something your all not going to believe.......I want to get serious. I'm going to tell you flat out..........If you don't feel just right......if you have a lack of energy.......Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See your Doctor!!!! It may be a calling sign from your body that could save your life.
I know! I'm a two time survivor of cancer. The reason I can write threads to all of you and annoy the bejeeeeeezus out of you is because I'm lucky and because I took the time to go and see my Doctor when I just didn't feel right.
Early detection is the contributing factor to survival.
I had skin cancer back in my late twenties and I had testicular cancer in my early forties. I'm still hanging with two....but only because of early detection.......... I know what I knows............
Sooooooooooo do it! Do it for yourself........do it for your family.......do it for your 4 legged and 2 legged buddies........but do it!
End of soapbox.........I now return you back to your favorite threads at English Bulldog News.......Have a great day! Mikey B.:luv:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Excellent post [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION]. I know I need reminders like that because I have a strong family history of cancer. I'm glad you are a survivor!

L

Lucy-licious

Thankyou [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] sometimes people need reminding to look after themselves and why.
We all get complacent even I do and I look after cancer patients every working day.
Here in the UK April is Bowel Cancer awareness month and we have organised a few events on the ward.
I am so happy that you have survived and twice too and wish too ensure others do also xxx

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yea for you!! being a survivor and getting checked! MOST men just shrug it off. My dad had "heartburn" for 4 days, my mom finally made him go get checked they ambulanced him ASAP to Riverside in Columbus Oh. and did a quadruple bypass when he was 52 within 12 hours of being checked for "heartburn" (I am from Ohio, I have live in Fl. for 9 yrs. near Mansfield OH) YEA MIKE!!!!!

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Kelly? Hmmmmmmm? I know a Kelly from Mansfield who was a friend of my sister Sue Blaylock Wheeler..........did you go to EKU for criminology?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION], I am actually from a town called Shelby about 20 min. north of Mansfield a town of 10,000 all flat and farms, during the summer it would be nothing to have 3-4 tornadoes a week!! Never went to EKU, went to North Central Tech college for 3 yrs. in nursing, quit due to divorce, bartended to raise two kids and have done that for the last 16 yrs. (my kids are now 23, 26) I know pathetic I only had a yr. left of school but you gotta do what you gotta do.

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Weeeeeeeeeeell some of my best friends are bartenders.Nothing to be ashamed of there....you got a degree in psychology by now. Just thought I'd see iffin it was a real coincidence. Have a great day!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
:luv:
Excellent post [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION]. I know I need reminders like that because I have a strong family history of cancer. I'm glad you are a survivor!

Everything [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] said.

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
Hey guys im from Ohio too !.. lil town smack dab in the middle of Findlay , Lima, and Marion.. anyway, my dad also had " heart burn " for a few days, ended up with a triple by=pass and a heart attack before,, the Gall bladder set it off !, they said its not uncommen for the 2 to go hand in hand ~ who knew ? Thanks for the post Mike !

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
@%1; Well said Mike...Being a survivor twice over...That is HUGE! As you say...early detection and not denial is the key to a long life in most cases...

My dad had Basal Cancer a form of skin cancer. And I slather my boys in sunscreen. People laugh because at the end of summer they are still pale skinned. My dad fortunately switched jobs. For his doctor he had seen previously wasn't concerned with the seeping spot on his head. Switched jobs years later and the new "company" doctor was concerned with it. He ended up having to have radiation treatments I believe it was...After his surgery to remove it. He teased it looked as if the doc wasn't good with directions with all the markings they had on his head that he had to walk around with during his treatments. Luckily...it hadn't reached the skull bone. Or they would have had to remove part of it.

But Cancer is that C word that scares most...and for good cause.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hey guys im from Ohio too !.. lil town smack dab in the middle of Findlay , Lima, and Marion.. anyway, my dad also had " heart burn " for a few days, ended up with a triple by=pass and a heart attack before,, the Gall bladder set it off !, they said its not uncommen for the 2 to go hand in hand ~ who knew ? Thanks for the post Mike !

FRIGHTENING ...!!! Well posted Mike ... to survive cancer twice - somebody is looking over you!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.