Appology to all....

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell Telly03 I wasn't going to mention it...............but......here's another Paul Harvey common-tary on the life of old Sarg. (me)...........When I bashed my head in as a kid........that spot on the back of my head.......is what turned into skin cancer back in 1979. When the Navy (so called ) Doctors operated to remove the cancer.......they had found the cancer spread through a fracture still unheeled in my skull ........soooooooooo.........they had to cut a section out and go in and clean that mess out....then reseal my skull and add a few screws and a metal plate. As a result of this exstensive operation......I had to be retaught everything.......all my motor skills........crawling.........walking........eating........all had been wiped clean..........along with a lot of my memories. It was like someone had turned off the lights in my memories......and until someone helped me revisited that room......I couldn't remember it. Usually all it took was someones face to see.......or letting them tell me family stories. Soooooooooo.......almost thirty-five years later......I'm still meeting people and turning back on lights. What that means.....is a few things....my brain is completely re-wired itself. I remember words to songs(the whole song) I've only heard once or twice.......I find humor in word puns.........and very dry and slapstick comedy. I can watch old Tom & Jerry cartoons (the same ones) and laugh all day. My femmine side is over tuned and tears flow at the lease mushy dribble on TV or movies.......so I avoid chick flicks.
My IQ went way up over 135. So I guess it's because I've increased my comprehension skills of the world around me to help me compensate. The down-size to all of this....and what I live with everyday.........is a feeling of doubt.........whether I'm really living this life.......or is it a fabrication reality thanks to some military experiment that I was used on. That sounds looney toony......but believe me I cope with that thought 24/7. Which is why.........I didn't want to bring it up. But .......they say confession is good for the soul.......maybe this will help. Soooooooo.........to answer your question of sorts......Yeah I can sing the entire Alice's Restaurant song and album......verbatim...along with 1000's of other songs...I'm Jukebox Mikey..and now everyone knows why. So that's this aging factor story of why I call myself an old fart..but I'm still a positive sort of guy....I reckon sometime soon I'll share all the positives in my life that keep me going and maintaining. Have a great day........Mikey B.:up:

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

You would be my perfect movie partner [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] :) we could share a Mansize box of tissues and watch my fave sad movies all day, cry lots, hug lots and not be emarrasssed :up:
Thinking of crying though your last 2post had me smiling through tears you really have been to Hell and back and somehow you still find the time to make us a laugh
In the words of [MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION] taken from previous post

We :heart: ya Mike

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
@ Mike Blaylock I'm sorry if I touched on a soft spot for you... I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have your memory messed with. You must feel pretty fortunate to live through all that though.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
wow, yet more amazing info. I assure you this is the real world, no worries there and no I do not think that is looney tunes to feel that way. I can completely understand why you would. We do love you and your sense of humor. I guess it is kinda cool to have so many memories so fresh in your mind tho. We all have a hard time remembering so much, or at least I surely do. Too bad you had to get that with so much pain to go with. :hug:

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Thank you all.......Telly... the only soft spot is the back of my head....when outdoors you will always see me with a hat on.......I was told if that spot is ever exposed to sunlight.........it could have cancer come back. Now that my forehead meets the back of my skull also....:lol:...I always wear a hat.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow that is some story of your life ... I'm exhausted just reading it!!! :eek:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
What a good biography I just read. It was really interesting. Thanks for a good afternoon read. You... are... awesome!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.