Bulldog Noises or monster movie soundtrack?

Hoosier

Dec 2, 2017
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Sherman makes the craziest noises! Gurgling, growling, snorting- often for no reason I can determine. Iā€™ve never had a dog ā€œtalkā€ so much. Is this a bulldog thing or just Sherman? Any thoughts on what it means?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sherman makes the craziest noises! Gurgling, growling, snorting- often for no reason I can determine. Iā€™ve never had a dog ā€œtalkā€ so much. Is this a bulldog thing or just Sherman? Any thoughts on what it means?

Yes...Don't forget farting.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, if you hear too much "flegm" noises, you may want to try squirts of lemon juice,sometimes it will help bring up some mucous. My two don't have much flegm noises. No#3 is quite noisy! When she first came, the others thought she was growling at them! She is just a noisy breather, and sounds like she is growling, her throat was checked-okay.also has more other noises! None of them have gas problems-thank goodness. If you're sure he doesn''t have a cold, or physical problem/throat,nares,chest congestion-then it's just him!! At least your dog talks to you! It's a bulldog thang! [MENTION=17832]Hoosier[/MENTION]

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Totally normal :D Dudley makes so many weird noises! sometimes sounds like a goat or sheep or gremlin but the locals at our pub know him as "the dog that sounds like chewbaccca!" :D

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella makes gremlin sounds too! When she is playing. Or when trying to get her ball from under the furniture.

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
I love all of the weird noises, except when it seems Smash is competing with the husband for the best snore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is very vocal, when he wants something from me, he will literally talk to me with barking, growling, whining, even singing etc. When I do something and he thinks I should share it with him (like yesterday I assembled Santa and he thought he was entitled to tear apart Santaā€™s beard, but mom of course didnā€™t let him) his nose fills with snivels and he will stand and snore very loud in dismay, and from time to time he will snort at me, showering me with a spray of this staff:ashamed:

he also snores louder than my hubby, gurgles when he is hot after running in the forest...a lot of sounds!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Totally a bulldog thing... I'll try to get some of Lambeau sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Now this is a true story

The Prettyone and I wake up if we do not hear all you describe not including The Farts of course I get blamed for that which is not fair !
Ya it is normal .

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.