Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very embarrasing.....

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Very embarrasing.....

Growl at me? Ohhhhhh "L" no! Usually a firm No..Bad Dog will do it...... if not.....It's time for an additude adjustment with the attention getting slap of my hand to his face...That says I'm not afraid of you and I'm the bad-*ss here so pay attention boy when I'm a talkin to ya....or da rolled magazine on da butt wake up boy and pay attention! Growl again? I'll grab something more substantial.........a fireplace cleaning shovel........and fire da butt some more and am I getting through that thick skull of yours yet! Then ........crate him. I'm the Alpha dog here and Duke knows it. He knows he doesn't want to take it to that level.
    It's not hard to make people love you.......all you got to do is become a bulldog!
    (MJ Blaylock)
    THE END!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...gpic1645_3.gif

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Yes, he is old enough to neuter and get control of that growl. I agree 100% with @cadillactaste do not let the dog growl at you. With some dogs the "give 'em an inch they'll take a mile" is so true.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Norm was put on craigs-list becasue the owner couldn't handle his humping. He is now neutered, and humps only on occassion. I kept a leash hooked to his halter and whenever I saw the gleam in his eye, I'd yank the leash and say no sternly. Has worked pretty well for us.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

i have a humper too. we have it down to just when he gets VERY giddy when we have company over....and they are usually of the younger variety. lol from the get-go i have trained Bullet with a loud clap by cupping my hands firmly and saying NO. being proactive helps too as i can tell when this "event" might happen and i try to calm him or remove him from the situation temporarily. i know every dog is different but there has to be some way you can stop your boy from growling and being extra stubborn. Bullet has calmed down a lot over the last couple months...he is now 10 months old.

good luck.
    Amy

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Hey anyone who can answer this..and please don't fall down laughing..I was told that you shouldn't neuter before 8 months because your bully could end up with a "pinhead"!! Their breeder told them that and since Jake shows an interest in this activity..I asked my vet. She had laughter in her eyes..but just said "we can wait until you feel comfortable"..I mean ..wouldn't there be a lot of pinheaded bullies around?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Hey anyone who can answer this..and please don't fall down laughing..I was told that you shouldn't neuter before 8 months because your bully could end up with a "pinhead"!! Their breeder told them that and since Jake shows an interest in this activity..I asked my vet. She had laughter in her eyes..but just said "we can wait until you feel comfortable"..I mean ..wouldn't there be a lot of pinheaded bullies around?

Not laughing .... not laughing ...not laughing .......

Sorry .. just the thought of a world full of pinheaded bullies .....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

I have "some" issues with Lola (the 3 year old female) humping...usually I see her trying to start and most of the time she stops. I think he is old enough to get his man hood taken away! Good luck with all of that...that has to be frusturating! I will admit though had to laugh at your post.......not really about what he is doing but just how you said it was funny.......sorry!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Belly just started humping...can't get her fixed till the mange is gone...she sure goes to town....
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Louie is six months old and it seems like he will go through humping spells every now and then. He seems to do it more when he is excited to see someone.
    ~Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads