Just Curious

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Iā€™m wondering if anyone has any insight into this...my fur babies are 10 year old Rico, male Havanese, 6 year old Poncho, Chihuahua, male and now almost 5 month old King Ollie EBD. The two older boys did not like Daphne very much and, in fact, barely tolerated her. They are a bonded male pair. There was growling at her and she continually tried to invite them to play, barked at them, but they were afraid of her.
Now with Ollie, itā€™s all happiness, they often nap on the big dog bed with him, hang out with him...itā€™s all sweetness and light and holding paws and singing Kymbuya.

I was worried about everyone (dog wise ) getting along because 3 males, but the opposite seems true. Any insights into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Puppies usually get what I call a "puppy pass". So things might change in time. Why Daphne wasn't so well-received is anyone's guess. Perhaps they sensed her desire to be alpha, or maybe the fact that she was a she...who knows. If I had to guess I'd say that it's a combination of being male and being a puppy. Fingers crossed that the relationship grows in a good way.
FWIW, I thought Chihuahuas didn't care for all "other" breeds of dogs that were bigger than them. I guess that would be all other breeds...duh!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This is such a precious post and i love the 'singing' you singing ;) My thoughts are he's a much mellower fella and welcomes their 'presence' just for them and not as play toys. Just a different 'essence' a gentle soul... of course, these are just what comes to this heart of mine :)

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Puppies usually get what I call a "puppy pass". So things might change in time. Why Daphne wasn't so well-received is anyone's guess. Perhaps they sensed her desire to be alpha, or maybe the fact that she was a she...who knows. If I had to guess I'd say that it's a combination of being male and being a puppy. Fingers crossed that the relationship grows in a good way.
FWIW, I thought Chihuahuas didn't care for all "other" breeds of dogs that were bigger than them. I guess that would be all other breeds...duh!

Poncho is a very different Chihuahua. He spent the first year of his life with a very mellow male pitt bull named Diesel. Everyone comments on how unChihuahua he is. Poncho tolerated Daphne better than Rico did, but her enthusiasm and constant wanting to play finally was her undoing with him. Rico hated Daphne from the get go.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think it may be because Ollie has a calmer "vibe" towards the others. Daphne was all excited wanting to have a playmate,and perhaps Ollie is just happy to have company and
has a calmer demeaner towards them,at this time. When I got my last rescue, she has loud breathing,compared to the others. A few times, they took it as growling.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Funny, you'll never know what goes through a dogs head. My son has a rescue Chihuahua and he thinks he's the alpha of the 1/2 wolf or the other small toy. When I go there with Nyala n Duke Chico always attack in an unharmful way especially with Duke. But now that DUKE is bigger in size and solid like a brick wall, Chico rams into Duke and Duke rams back as he thinks he's playing. Now Chico gives up on him and runs away lol.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Many little dogs have the "Napolean(sp?) Complex" and will go after any size dog. That is why many wind up at the Vet's with injuries! Little dog, big ego, I guess!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could be all the above that have been stated... he is a puppy, he is a he, he is less energy than Daphne.... as long as they like each other and play well -- smile, sing and enjoy!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
he-man large(3).jpg

Members online

No members online now.