ADOPTION AVAILABLE 46!?!?!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh wait the list is growing....66 bullies (for now) for adoption? Holy cow! I understand some cant afford vets for major health issues n losing the owners as we age. I get all that...but 46 in one shot? OUCH! I wish I can take the all. Get a big acreage and let them play n run. A big happy home. Ok I know wishful thinking.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is not all if them .... Andrea is updating the rescues she volunteered to handle... [emoji20]. And, the rescues only post adoptable babies... some stay life long foster that the rescue support and others on medical hold that they don't post till they know the condition of the bully.

It is incredibly heartbreaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That is not all if them .... Andrea is updating the rescues she volunteered to handle... [emoji20]. And, the rescues only post adoptable babies... some stay life long foster that the rescue support and others on medical hold that they don't post till they know the condition of the bully.

It is incredibly heartbreaking

Maybe they should start sending them up here and overlook some rules if the want to find them homes. A lot will get adopted in Canada as it's very rare you see EB for adoption. Here in AB before buying Duke there was 2 for adoption but can't have other dogs with them. That was my issue cause of Nyala. Why end up putting them down when they can have a chance up here with beautiful lakes, mountains, hiking trails, food, air....oh n snow!! They'll love Canada. I would probably adopted one too. US sent a lot of dogs here after Katrina and all got adopted. So what I dont get, why cant we get bullies.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maybe they should start sending them up here and overlook some rules if the want to find them homes. A lot will get adopted in Canada as it's very rare you see EB for adoption. Here in AB before buying Duke there was 2 for adoption but can't have other dogs with them. That was my issue cause of Nyala. Why end up putting them down when they can have a chance up here with beautiful lakes, mountains, hiking trails, food, air....oh n snow!! They'll love Canada. I would probably adopted one too. US sent a lot of dogs here after Katrina and all got adopted. So what I dont get, why cant we get bullies.

How awesome would that be!!!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Oh wait the list is growing....66 bullies (for now) for adoption? Holy cow! I understand some cant afford vets for major health issues n losing the owners as we age. I get all that...but 46 in one shot? OUCH! I wish I can take the all. Get a big acreage and let them play n run. A big happy home. Ok I know wishful thinking.

Helene I still have found ZERO in Canada and the same in Ontario , you know Me I keep a eye on it all the time .

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

They send a lot of others up this way and after Hurricanes in Ontario we see a lot coming , We send them Pit Bulls as there illegal to own here in Ontario and other provinces .

- - - Updated - - -

How awesome would that be!!!

I wish ! the house would be full lol

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
They send a lot of others up this way and after Hurricanes in Ontario we see a lot coming , We send them Pit Bulls as there illegal to own here in Ontario and other provinces .

- - - Updated - - -
I wish ! the house would be full lol

Quebec will be lifting the law of banning now. Heard it on the new. Just you want a pit bull you need to register it and owner gets scanned. Like a gun permanent. You want a pitbull n you have nothing to hide, well you shouldn't have any issues. Its fair.

I only saw 2 for adoption here but wouldn't have worked with Nyala. What I dont get, my son adopted his 2 pitbull staffordshire which I always say " the cousins are over". Both from US and had nothing to do with Katrina. Seems there are so many in US they shipped them here. We cant ship our dogs there but they can here. Don't make any sense to me. They are all checked out before crossing.

BTW you need to ask the Mrs before having a whole houseful. Or it's you that will be in the doghouse. Hmmmm I bet your dog houses are better than your bed! Hahahaha

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Check out this article. This shelter has 78 bulldogs they just rescued and will be doing credit checks to ensure whoever adopts them can afford to take care of them. I think that is an excellent idea. So many people get bulldogs because they are "cute" and don't have money to care for them long term and then they just end up in a shelter when something goes wrong.

Want a French or English bulldog? A Westminster shelter has 78 that need homes – Orange County Register

I heard about all this... so sad, Southern Cal has so many dogs just abandoned on top of this type of crap

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG 3 more pages for today! Someone has got to bend the rules and ship some up here! :pray2:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
OMG 3 more pages for today! Someone has got to bend the rules and ship some up here! :pray2:

There’s a Frenchie listed in FBN that’s in Canada!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
There’s a Frenchie listed in FBN that’s in Canada!

Whats FBN? I get FB n im sure its not FaceBook or maybe it is lolll

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.