Long time no post...Another TPLO under our belts...

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It's been tooooooo long since I've checked in! According to my vet, my EB's are just "much more active than the norm". Not sure how, but Lockjaw tore is back left CCL. Coincidentally it's the same leg that Penny had surgery on this time last year.
He loves chasing his toys across the floor- so we think he may have slipped "just right" or turned a corner wrong.
I absolutely LOVE my vet though. He did an amazing job with Penny and now Lockjaw. She had a pretty much, perfect, textbook recovery and continues to thrive. So far Lockjaw is doing great! He's actually been more active than Penny. He does walk around quite a bit though and that initially worried me. Vet said that was totally fine, and that it will strengthen his muscle. He won't let me ice his leg- but he seems to be doing a good job with resting and taking it easy. Just a very different recovery so far than Penny. Day 3 of week 1- 15 weeks to go. Lol

f0047e82118c11bb07c1c3a682ae7a17.jpg

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, so sorry for your babies suffering :( hope Lockjaw will feel 100 percent soon and make us all happy with his amazing smile! Get well soon, Lockjaw:pray:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Lockjaw but great to hear he's doing fine!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's been tooooooo long since I've checked in! According to my vet, my EB's are just "much more active than the norm". Not sure how, but Lockjaw tore is back left CCL. Coincidentally it's the same leg that Penny had surgery on this time last year.
He loves chasing his toys across the floor- so we think he may have slipped "just right" or turned a corner wrong.
I absolutely LOVE my vet though. He did an amazing job with Penny and now Lockjaw. She had a pretty much, perfect, textbook recovery and continues to thrive. So far Lockjaw is doing great! He's actually been more active than Penny. He does walk around quite a bit though and that initially worried me. Vet said that was totally fine, and that it will strengthen his muscle. He won't let me ice his leg- but he seems to be doing a good job with resting and taking it easy. Just a very different recovery so far than Penny. Day 3 of week 1- 15 weeks to go. Lol

f0047e82118c11bb07c1c3a682ae7a17.jpg

Holy cow.... you hit the unlucky knee lottery!

Sending lots of positive thoughts for a successful and fast recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Holy cow.... you hit the unlucky knee lottery!

Sending lots of positive thoughts for a successful and fast recovery

LOL/ RIGHT!! My husband even asked if maybe it was genetic. Lol
He goes "Nope, just a bad coincidence!"
🤦🏼*♀️ He also told my husband they have to stop meeting like this bc he only comes in when there's a surgery involved. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL/ RIGHT!! My husband even asked if maybe it was genetic. Lol
He goes "Nope, just a bad coincidence!"
🤦🏼*♀️ He also told my husband they have to stop meeting like this bc he only comes in when there's a surgery involved. Lol

Yea... plan a golf outing-- it is cheaper

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Crapo....Well get that cool buggy of yours ready to go Missy! Make sure you polish it for the babies. LJ will be fine. You have 2 great troopers!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Crapo....Well get that cool buggy of yours ready to go Missy! Make sure you polish it for the babies. LJ will be fine. You have 2 great troopers!

Oh yea- I'll give him another week and I'll start taking him out for rides in the wagon. I just tried icing his leg again and he won't let me. Swelling set in today and he doesn't want me doing anything with his leg. But he's doing great at resting himself. We haven't had to kennel him except for when we leave and Vet is fine with that as well. So far so good.....

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh yea- I'll give him another week and I'll start taking him out for rides in the wagon. I just tried icing his leg again and he won't let me. Swelling set in today and he doesn't want me doing anything with his leg. But he's doing great at resting himself. We haven't had to kennel him except for when we leave and Vet is fine with that as well. So far so good.....

Do this mix and massage the leg. Pretend you're petting him lol

10 drops of peppermint
5 of Marjoram n tea tree
6 drops of rosemary
2 drops of Lemongrass
3 drops of Helichrysum (great stuff!!!)

Mix all in with 2 oz of Fractionated coconut oil n massage in for 5 mins. You can use a warm cloth to open up the pores. You can use a spray bottle if its too distressing for him.

If you cant get all right now but have peppermint oil only, use that for now. 1oz of CO n 10 drops of peppermint oil.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Do this mix and massage the leg. Pretend you're petting him lol

10 drops of peppermint
5 of Marjoram n tea tree
6 drops of rosemary
2 drops of Lemongrass
3 drops of Helichrysum (great stuff!!!)

Mix all in with 2 oz of Fractionated coconut oil n massage in for 5 mins. You can use a warm cloth to open up the pores. You can use a spray bottle if its too distressing for him.

If you cant get all right now but have peppermint oil only, use that for now. 1oz of CO n 10 drops of peppermint oil.

Thanks girl! I need to get more oils. I'll start with just the peppermint oil for now.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Been there and done that. Between Jewel and Bentley...3 CCL's. Bentley can just stay healthy, but he too loves to play ball.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Glad to hear from you.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It's just not right to hold them back from having fun and playing hard. Some will have injuries and some won't. It's terribly bad luck that you've had 2 torn ligaments. I wish LJ all the best in his recovery...you too, Mom!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hey there! Glad to see you post and that, kind of, things are going well. Sending big get well soon wishes to Lockjaw!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
LJ - Ellie and I send our best!!

We hope you feel better soon, good to see mama round here :)

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Been there and done that. Between Jewel and Bentley...3 CCL's. Bentley can just stay healthy, but he too loves to play ball.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Glad to hear from you.

Thanks! I remember we were in the same boat this time last year. Lol
So far so good!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online