Night time accidents

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My bully is 6 months old and he is house trained very well. However the last 4 or 5 days, he has been waking up and peeing on the floor in our room. He sleeps in his crate with the door open, or he may sleep infront of it. He is usually very good about accidents in the house..i dont know what has happend :(...
does anyone have any suggestions?

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
What has changed in the past four or five days? It can be anything from a slight difference in routine, new cleaner or air freshner, new household items, unexpected guests, new items for him, any changes that you can think of.

If nothing has changed I would take him to the vet asap to make sure there isnt something wrong like a urinary tract infection or similar issue that can cause inappropriate elimination.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes I would have him looked over just to make sure he is healthy before you work on fixing the problem with him. How was last night?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I was going to say check for a UTI too!!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Once you have checked to make sure there aren't any medical issues causing the problem, if it continues to happen I would say to put him in the kennel and close the door. Our little man is almost 6 months old and house trained, but he goes in his kennel every night with the door closed. He goes right in and lays down because that is his nightly routine. This will be like this until I know he can be trusted with the roam of the house. He goes in the kennel whenever we leave the house too. It is a great training tool. My aunt who has a besion (sorry if I spelledthat wrong) refused to kennel her dog because she thought is was inhumane and now he won't go outside at all. Our little guy who has been kenneled since day one does not go in the house at all and he is out of the kennel more than he is in. He is snoring away at my feet as we speak!:luv: Hope this helps!

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hmm..samson has got a lot of new toys and i did spray our entire floor with this pet odour remover once he was house trained just to eliminate future accidents.He usually holds his pee for 3-4 hours and never has accidents in the house accept for at night.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
yeah i think he is going to go back in the kennal with door shut now. I started to trust him too early i think and im a heavy sleeper... i hear him barking at our room door sometimes and i wake up but its too late :( i just thought he would be able to hold it for longer by now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This happened with my two pups! Once they were about 7 months old they started peeing and pooing after they had been potty trained for well over 3 months! I put them in a smaller kennel at night so they did not have any potty room (their kennels are 3ft/3ft and pretty big) to a 2.5 ft/1.5ft crate and then they stopped. But it took me a good month to figure it out too! Plus the sun was shining earlier in the morning cuz it was starting to be summer.... I think that is the main reason they started doing it. I put tin foil in the window of that room until they figured out that just because the sun was coming up does not mean mommie gets up at 5:30 am!!!!! (sun rises early here in AZ in the summer!!!)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Did u guys recently have a time change like us in u.s.? Is he drinking more at night? Jake is still in crate at night. I left him out..barricaded in a couple cat free rooms..and I was gone like 20 minutes..all was fine except my nerves! And I drove wayyyyy too fast to get home!

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
ohhhh, that is EXACTLY when this started happening. Plus, i usually get up at 6 am to workout and Sammy does too, i take a week off every 3 months and last week is when i really noticed. Lately Ive been really teaching samson to sit, stay, and he now knows bed command for his crate lol. Tonight i told him to go to bed and shut the door and hes been sleeping since 1030. I think i will just leave him in there with the door closed now. I wish i could take a pic but my fiancee is sleeping, hes doing the whole laying on back with front legs in air and tongue flopping out of mouth thing that bulldogs are famous for. haha

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..you could take a picture of yourself posing like samson! I hope you have figured the pp thing out. Doesn't take long for bad habits to take over!

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] lol i tried to but my camera timer wasnt working :whew:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.