Hi I’m new and have a question

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
Hi my dog is Lady Bella she is 2.5yrs old she paper as a old English bulldog
My brother thinks she a boxer mix but the breeder I got her from says she’s 100% bulldog. I can care less she’s awesome but curious what y’all think

Also I’ve notice older she gets the worst she gets with food as far as being picky about dog food brands and style of food wet vs dry. However if you share off your own plate she’ll eat that up in a heart beat is this normal for these dogs to become picky I’ve had to switch brands atleast 3 times now cause she’ll give up. 960E3910-DE39-41E5-9CE5-03E84DD2536B.jpeg026F72CC-D910-48EE-B101-22C9627B8DC6.jpeg03C6F6CD-BD3E-4987-AFCA-4B2C772667DB.jpegD844D57F-4C14-4267-8BF4-D6B6D59C18CD.jpeg

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe.... she is a cutie pie!
I have a Bella too. She is an English Bulldog. But also have a boxer Sadie!
When bella was younger we thought she looked like a boxer (they sometimes go through a tall and lanky stage) but said your was 2.5 years old right?
How tall is she? It's hard to tell in the pics.

OP
L

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
Awe.... she is a cutie pie!
I have a Bella too. She is an English Bulldog. But also have a boxer Sadie!
When bella was younger we thought she looked like a boxer (they sometimes go through a tall and lanky stage) but said your was 2.5 years old right?
How tall is she? It's hard to tell in the pics.

She is about 17-20inch tall
My brother doesn’t think she’s a old English cause she isn’t super fat and have rolls

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I am no expert in anyway I am sure some one else her will have better answers for you.
My Sadie (boxer) is 20 in tall. Bella (EBD) is 16 inches tall. Not all English Bulldogs are fat and wrinkley though. Lol
Sadie.
IMG_8991.JPG
Bella.
IMG_8921.JPG

Ladybella is sure a cutie though!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
All I know is she is a beautiful girl! Chumly would stop eating a food after a while and I would have to change so in my experience not unheard of. I have to admit he is the only one of my dogs who has done that though.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww she's adorable. Everyone always asks me if my Bulldozer is a EB Boxer mix, but my two are litter mates and Blossom is stockier and has a wider chest than Dozer does. Dozer is longer and leaner. Bulldogs come in all different shapes, sizes and weights. She looks like a beautiful bully to me.

These are my guys

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 157
OP
L

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
Thanks everyone

Aww she's adorable. Everyone always asks me if my Bulldozer is a EB Boxer mix, but my two,are litter mates and Blossom is stockier and has a wider chest than Dozer does. Dozer is longer and leaner. Bulldogs come in all different shapes, sizes and weights. She looks like a beautiful bully to me.

These are my guys

Wow lady looks a lot alike yours and the way yours are sitting and the face expression is like ladys

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have two full sisters from 2 litters. One has a wide chest and wrinkles. The other is taller,and not too many wrinkles. I, on the other hand have many wrinkles!
DSCF6018.JPGDSCF3132.JPG /sorry no pictures of them standing-because they walk away when they see the camera!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
My Meatball can be picky but that's my fault. I turned him into a food snob lol. He will eat his dog food with something added. Coconut oil, a few blueberries, yogurt, egg, etc. I give him a plain bowl of food and he just stares at me waiting for the rest lol. Oh and my bulldog has a smaller head than your average bulldog and he is purebred. They just come in all different shapes/sizes

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She looks to me like a mix of something, I would say EBD is definitely in there... but her body seems much taller. It could be OEB or a boxer mix... she is adorable no matter what she is. Maybe ask the breeder to show you pics of the parents...

OP
L

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
She’s being such a baby today!!!!

I had a mobile groomer come over today and she got a bath and her nails and etc done
She is now ignoring me because she got to look and smell pretty

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well shes gorgeous,,, nose up and bent outta shape or not .. lol they can certainly put us in our places ;)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
IMO, OEBs look like Boxer mixes so I agree with everyone.
As far as eating is concerned, Lady Bella will NEVER starve herself to death and she looks nice and lean and muscular...as she should. Feeding human food will always pull the dogs away from what they should be eating. Feed as good a quality grain-free kibble you can get. Acana, Fromm, Orijen, etc. Stop feeding her people food...even as treats.
NOT GOOD!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Table food = picky eaters. Plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi my dog is Lady Bella she is 2.5yrs old she paper as a old English bulldog
My brother thinks she a boxer mix but the breeder I got her from says she’s 100% bulldog. I can care less she’s awesome but curious what y’all think

Also I’ve notice older she gets the worst she gets with food as far as being picky about dog food brands and style of food wet vs dry. However if you share off your own plate she’ll eat that up in a heart beat is this normal for these dogs to become picky I’ve had to switch brands atleast 3 times now cause she’ll give up.View attachment 109057View attachment 109058View attachment 109059View attachment 109060

She is a beauty! She may be a Victorian Bulldog [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] baby is one and your girl looks a little like him.
e
as for food... as others have stated, stop the table food and stick to a high quality kibble, you can add some toppers like blueberries, cottage cheese, pure pumpkin, coconut oil, but if she knows she will get your food she will hold out for it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.