ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Have any of you used steps to help your bulldog get in a high bed? We swore we would never be one of THOSE pet parents, but we love snuggling with Ariel at night. I want to be sure what we use is safe and that she’ll use it. Any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have small steps for my couches and bigger steps for my bed. Louie has no problem using them.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I have a small chest at the bottom of my bed that she will use at times. We were surprised she could jump up on the bed though without using it! Our bed is 30 inches high and the little bugger does it with ease!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Can you get a photo? There are so many different kinds!

Here’s what I gave for the bed. The o es for the couch have 2 steps.

5137f0ac69b66d9eef285cc27a3d821b.jpg

a57330b4554363fe8b698324088a897c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
First, I am totally with you. We dont use our bed frame so that the dogs can get up onto it. However, our senior doesn't have the agility of our first pup, so we bought a dog bed in the form of a mini chesterfield couch and it is as hilarious as it is functional. Lola would never use stairs or boxes or luggage but will use the chesterfield. Fox needs to use it and she does! win win. I got it at the thrift shop, brand new, for like $65

similar to this, but less fancy, no brass, and we cover it with a sheet like the rest of our furniture. I think it works well because it's squared up with the edge of the bed.

https://www.potterybarn.com/pbimgs/rk/images/dp/wcm/201740/0001/chesterfield-pet-bed-3-c.jpg

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I need these steps!! Meatball literally takes steps back and runs and flies on my extremely high bed. Steps is much safer

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Have any of you used steps to help your bulldog get in a high bed? We swore we would never be one of THOSE pet parents, but we love snuggling with Ariel at night. I want to be sure what we use is safe and that she’ll use it. Any suggestions?

Hey, I swore NO DOGS on the sofa! You know where that went!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We have used steps for years after one of our Bullies ( Tilly ) dislocated her elbow ( two Operations to fix ) . We use them for the couch and for the bed , best price on molded plastic steps was Amazon at the time for us , still have them and are used almost every few minutes , much cheaper then joint issues .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online